Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

celo1
Beginner May 2012

Signing plate vs guest book

celo1, 8 of September of 2011 at 13:28 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi everyone,

or

A bit of advice please, I cannot decide whether to go with the more traditional guest book or to get a signing plate. If anyone had/is having a plate at their wedding, where did you get them from and are they a good idea? I think I would display/look at a plate more than a book which would probably end up in a cupboard somewhere!

Although would I be paranoid about the plate getting broken on the day once people have had a few drinks?!

thank you Smiley smile

14 replies

Latest activity by kookik, 9 of September of 2011 at 09:46
  • Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Don't like the idea of a plate, it would DEFINITELY get broken in my house!

I'm considering getting a photo frame guestbook. My ex's brother had this at his wedding and it's a great keepsake cos you can put it up anywhere in your house.

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

You are limited to what you can write on a plate so I would definitely choose a guest book.

• Vee Tee
    Beginner April 2012
    Vee Tee ·
    • Hide content

I was planning a massive frame with a photo in it because then it can get hung on the stairs or anywhere really and all could see it.

• Gbutterfly
    Beginner July 2012
    Gbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

I'd be worried about it getting broken, we are having a photo from our photographer from our engagement shoot framed and using that for guests to sign and put up after

• celo1
    Beginner May 2012
    celo1 ·
    • Hide content

I'm liking the idea of a photo frame; I'd not thought of doing something like that - thank you ladies

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    mrs jenkins 2 b ·
    • Hide content

I would go for the plate,everyone writes the same in the guest book anyway or they dont even write in it.but if you had a guest book that could get easily damaged eg someone could spill a drink on it.

• Emmielou2
    Beginner June 2012
    Emmielou2 ·
    • Hide content

We are having a guest book (a little gift from my bezzie!) for people to write their long messages in and a large framed photo of us with a large border around for people just to sign so i can put it up in the house afterwards to look at, i saw this in a wedding magazine and really liked the idea x

• kookik
    Beginner September 2012
    kookik ·
    • Hide content

I also want the frame with a picture of us in it - but we're going to have 80 guests for the day and another 20 for the evening, is there a decent looking frame big enough for all these squiggles and messages on?

• H
    Beginner August 2012
    hypervikki21 ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning on having both. A plate for people just to sign that my bridesmaids will look after as they don't drink and a book for messages. I'm getting my plate from a ceramic painting place called Village Ceramics in Cheam, because I know the woman who owns it well I am allowed to paint the middle myself Smiley smile

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

I like the plate idea as it can be on display, BUT you can get a more personalised message in a book...

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

How about a

Nat

• H
    Beginner June 2012
    HelDR ·
    • Hide content

We're going with the frame and photo for our's - a few links below

http://www.gift-rush.co.uk/gift/Message-Frame-And-Pen/Message-Frame-And-Pen.html

http://shop.confetti.co.uk/product/black-signing-frame/67994/

http://www.thehandcraftedcardcompany.co.uk/craft/106-signing-frames.asp

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

I've not seen the signing plate idea before but I'd personally worry about breakage. If you want something to display perhaps you could have a guest book and then have a word with your tog to see if he could do you a big blow up of your favourite wedding pic but sort of faded out and then scan in some of your favourite comments from the book and have them laid over the desaturated photo? That way you have the book to keep all the comments safe but can also have a display.

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I had a photo frame the first time I got married and it was lovely seeing all the comments on it every time I walked by it.

I would be petrified of a plate getting broken. It would stand no chance in our house ?

• kookik
    Beginner September 2012
    kookik ·
    • Hide content

Wow I didnt think it would cost around £50 for the frame! I think I might just take a trip to Wilkinson for the frame and buy some A3 paper instead!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics