Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Knownowt

Silly sports day ideas

Knownowt, 23 of September of 2008 at 15:08 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 8

I need to think of a number of events for a silly sports day- participants being 12 unfit blokes, 6 women and (where possible) about 6 toddlers/young children.

So far on the list I have:

three-legged race

egg and spoon

welly wanging

adult/toddler relay

Can you suggest anything else? It would be good to have some more events that the kids can take part in, or even child-only events, but they are of an age where anything other than "run there and back" is going to be a challenge. I thought of races carrying children but it seems a bit dangerous.

8 replies

Latest activity by Moniquemo4, 14 of October of 2023 at 08:23
  • Knownowt
    Knownowt ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Jess- all added to the list ?

• Disco
    Beginner
    Disco ·
    • Hide content

Bean bag balancing on the head might be manageable for little ones...maybe.

Space hopper was always a good one at school, but I don't know if so many people have one to bring along these days.

• princess layabout
    Beginner October 2007
    princess layabout ·
    • Hide content

Adult size space hoppers are readily available and can be fun.

Obstacle race?

• M
    Mint Spies ·
    • Hide content

Teabag golf - played with the drawstring teabags (if you can still get them - not sure about that!). You pull the drawstring out without tearing the tag in two, then dunk the teabag in water to give it some weight. You hold the tag in your mouth then flick the teabag over your head by tipping your head backwards very quickly. We've played this round an obstacle course before now (all starting at the same time, all flicking wet teabags behind you: it gets very messy very quickly!) but you could just do a "flick the bag the furthest" competition.

• Crantock
    Dedicated June 2005
    Crantock ·
    • Hide content

Dressing up race? I think toddlers might get this if the clothes were simple to put on?

• Iris
    Beginner
    Iris ·
    • Hide content

The water bottle game. Two players, each has a full (identical) pop bottle of water on the ground in front of them-no lid on though. Player one has a ball which he throws at player two's bottle. If it knocks the bottle over player two has to get the ball back before picking his bottle up. He then throws it at player one's bottle. Loser is the first one to lose all his water.

• Knownowt
    Knownowt ·
    • Hide content

That's brilliant- thanks everyone ?

• Sare
    Beginner September 2002
    Sare ·
    • Hide content

The Spiderman race is good for pre-schoolers.Basically they run along on all fours, backsides in the air as if they were Spidey climbing a wall.

Looks very funny and it's amazing how fast some of them are.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics