Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

nanny plum
Beginner September 2011

Skybrights wedding report...A few mini moon pics added on page 5.

nanny plum, 20 September, 2011 at 22:17

Posted on Planning 88

Well my turn,apologies if the report is flash heavy rather than writing,i had an amazing day,out of this world. The day before the wedding my bridesmaid picked me up and we were rushing about all afternoon picking stuff up and dropping it off. We went to get our nails done which turned out to be...

Well my turn,apologies if the report is flash heavy rather than writing,i had an amazing day,out of this world.

The day before the wedding my bridesmaid picked me up and we were rushing about all afternoon picking stuff up and dropping it off. We went to get our nails done which turned out to be one girl and took over three hours to do both of us and she mucked up my bridesmaids shellac manicure which was a pain...try before you buy!.

Anyway we then picked up my two daughters and went to the hotel that we were all staying in,my suite was amazing. For dinner that night,14 went out including all my bridesmaids and family ,i almost forgot what was ahead the next day but limited myself to three drinks.

Could not sleep at all,myself and my best friend were laughing and joking..she said,gazing at my dress which was hanging up "what would you do if you woke up in the middle of the night and i had it on"?..flaming kill her ha ha. We were also trying to work out events i could wear it to again..i thought as a guest at a wedding??? Surely it would not offend lol. Eventually i got some sleep but woke up..on my wedding day!! at half six and it was pouring outside. However by half eight the rain had stopped and it was bright skys to live up to my name on here all day.

Managed a huge fry up and jumped into the bath and was still in the bath when the hair and make up ladies and my other bridesmaids arrived.

My eldest daughter

My middle daughter

88 replies

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Wow, your dress looked amazing, and you look as though you has a truly amazing day. I almost went for a shorter dress and this certainly has given me dress wobbles.

Congratulations!

• Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content

Oh Skybright, you look so beautiful, like really really beautiful!! Congratulations, and I am so pleased to hear you had a magical day xx

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow you looked stunning and your dress has also given me the wobbles! Beautiful family too x

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

Wow you look stunning.....I'm studying the picture, trying to figure out which venue you booked. Are you in Edinburgh, the street shots look familar to me? Though I thought the park pictures might be of bellahouston park in Glasgow, am I wrong?

• nicnol
    Beginner October 2011
    nicnol ·
    • Hide content

Skybright you looked like you had an amazing day (even with your earlier stresses!)

As others have said you look amazing and your dress is also my wobble dress....I love it!

• S
    Beginner April 2012
    shellsworth ·
    • Hide content

I am in love with your dress!

You looked amazing though! Smiley smile

• B
    Beginner
    Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous. Your dress is my all time favourite one, just a shame it didn't suit me!!! Photos are lovely too Smiley smile x

• LeeLee :)
    Beginner
    LeeLee :) ·
    • Hide content

My God girl how on earth do you have a figure like that and have had kids (its not fair)!!! ?

Gorgeous and the dress was definately made for you and everything looked smashing, great piccies and wish you a great future together X

• Mrs P 2 B
    Beginner January 2012
    Mrs P 2 B ·
    • Hide content

Wow you looked stunning and i have to say you have a beauitful looking family!!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

SB you look gorgeous in that dress! I've been waiting to see flashes of you in it for ages.

Congratulations!

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

AS ALWAYS, THAT DRESS LOOKS INCREDIBLE! Your hair is beautiful. I love that you finished your report by saying 'I love being a wife.' How touching!!

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! xxx

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah flow you can borrow it once I am done?!

SkyBright you look absolutley beautiful- love the red lips and dark hair contrast and your daughters are pretty little ladies too.

Hope you have a long and happy marriage- all the best for the future!

xxxx

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Skybright- I read your report on the train this morning and it really brightened my morning. You looked stunning and flawless. Wishing you and your husband a fantastic marriage

• Alohabride
    Beginner July 2012
    Alohabride ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous!! Congratulations xx

• filoftus
    Beginner November 2012
    filoftus ·
    • Hide content

One word

STUNNING

such a gorgeous dress and such gorgeous photos

congratulations

x

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi,i am in Edinburgh looneysh,some of the shots are up calton hill..i went up the steps in heels which was not great coming back down lol.Are you in Scotland too?

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

Thanh you all for all the lovely comment. Currently sorting my way through over 1000 photos so i might flash a few more tonight if it is not to boring for others.

No idea what to do with my dress now. It is taking up a good chunk of my bedroom,i don't think i could sell it though,i was so unbelivably content and happy on my wedding day and it is almost like the dress etc is a little way of holding on to it. I am using the excuse that it is altered to fit a tiny 5ft 1 inch person so i just have to keep it ha ha .

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

**puts reminder on phone to call mini on sunday to ask to borrow said dress**

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

What a fantastic report and you looked absolutely beautiful, that dress suited you so well.

Huge congratulations on your wedding and I wish you a long happy, healthy marriage ?

• L
    Beginner July 2012
    libracat ·
    • Hide content

Triplets!!!! dress triplets.......you look amazing!!!!

• D
    Beginner February 2012
    Dani1984 ·
    • Hide content

Wow Skybright what an amazing report!! you truly looked amazing in your dress and your daughters looked very happy!!

Congratulations!!

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? Your ticker is going fast!!

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

I forgot to add my N&P for Lisa at LouLouBelle,great to deal with,my mum and eldest daughter in the photo above are wearing her designs.

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Those hair slides are fab. which designs are they? I was looking at Lisa's Aster one the other day

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi,my daughter has the Aster comb in,it is stunning in real life,very pretty. My mum is wearing a comb called fox trot,she was very pleased with it.

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Thank you. I love Lisa's stuff!

• jennilola
    Beginner August 2007
    jennilola ·
    • Hide content

Love your dress stunning and what a great choice for a first song!

'i'll keep you warm in my silky poncho'!!!

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

Wee bump for the lovely celticgodess. I thought i would add a few mini moon pictures as well,very short break but it was lovely,gorgeous hotel suite and fab views. There was even a primarni two minutes walk away but i resisted temptation!

Inverness is a brilliant place and the hotel we stayed in was actually the same one that my husbands Gran held her wedding reception in (she is deceased) bit strange as i did not know that when i booked it. I have also added what has ended up being one of my favorite photos of the day..me will my lovely dad.

The view of Inverness castle from our window.

The stunning Ness islands

Of course Nessie came to see us!

One of my favorites that was taken by a friend. I am a self confessed daddy's girl,he is a great man.

• celticgoddess
    Beginner March 2012
    celticgoddess ·
    • Hide content

I cant believe I missed this report! Its the one ive been waiting for for a long time SB! Worth the wait though, you are indeed a 'wee doll'. You can see the happiness radiating from you, all the best to you and your husband for a wonderful marriage xxxx

• celticgoddess
    Beginner March 2012
    celticgoddess ·
    • Hide content

Inverness is my all time fave place on earth ! if i had the money id be married at urquhart castle in a heartbeat x (i shall be visiting again after my wee day next yr)

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much,i was very very happy. You know i had 4 and a half inch heels on and i still managed to look so blinking wee in the photos lol.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics