Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

bls14
Beginner September 2011

Slow RSVP responses...

bls14, 17 May, 2011 at 13:21 Posted on Planning 0 13

ARRGGGHHHHH so is anybody else getting really slow responses from their RSVPs?

I know we have a while to go etc etc and i am preobably being very impatient but how hard is it to send a card back in the post?!

13 replies

Latest activity by Randomsabreur, 17 May, 2011 at 13:56
  • Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You would think!! I completely feel your pain. However, I don't think most people do it out of spite... people are just forgetful! It is so annoying though.

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

I think this was the biggest disappointment/annoyance so far. People didn't seem very bothered about replying in time (or indeed at all in one case!) and it sent me bonkers!

No advice, just sympathy!

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content

The main thing i guess is at least it's not just me, and you others feel the pain too!

I also dont think people understand the process, i.e. if you decline you can't turn around and change!!

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

And then there's all the people that want to add random partners or their neighbour and the milkman's cat....

• G
    Beginner September 2011
    gabs11 ·
    • Hide content

I totally understand.. i am also waiting... waiting but i just want to know if your coming or not so i can organise table too!! Smiley smile

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes oh good god what is that all about, one friend of ours wants us to invite his gf who we have never met, can they not be apart for one day after a few months ha!

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

There's TEN people coming to our wedding that I have never met. I think that's a lotl OH doesn't. Grrr...I don't think ytour wedding is a good place to try to get to know someone. i am sticking with "hello, nice to meet you" and moving swiftly on....

See, you've got me started now!!

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content

Oh my god TEN!! yeah that is a lot, poor you! Thankfully my OH is telling me stick to my guns but im just a wimp!

• LeeLee :)
    Beginner
    LeeLee :) ·
    • Hide content

We've been lucky as we have got all but one RSVP reply and I know from them that they are coming and apologised profusely for being late and she emailed me their food choices.

The evening replies are coming in a bit slower but we still are only expecting a few more to come in, so I'm not so worried about those Smiley smile.

Everyone we have invited all day are coming - so that's really lovely and makes you all warm inside knowing people wanna be there celebrating with you Smiley laugh

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lucky you!!!! Smiley smile awesome xx

• queencrunchy
    queencrunchy ·
    • Hide content

Totally with you on the slow RSVPs! It's infuriating! The worst offender is a friend who still hasn't sent his, despite repeated requests. We don't know if his fiancee is coming, or whether she's allergic to any food. They've had the invitation for four months, the RSVP date was the start of May.

Thing is, they're getting married a few months after us. I'm torn between sending my RSVP back the day it arrives to prove a point, or annoy them by waiting until the very last minute to send it.

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

We have all but 4 replys for the day, but loads left for the evening. The deadline is 1st June so still a while yet, but i will be chasing and woe betide any slackers ?

• R
    Beginner June 2012
    Randomsabreur ·
    • Hide content

My OH works weekends on a 9 week rota, so we have to check that the weekend is booked off if both of us are invited. One person is in charge of the rota, so if they're off we have to wait - no point RSVPing and then having to change because his work change their mind...

If partner isn't invited, then you have a LOT more work to do to decide if it's viable - does the inevitable cost of going alone to something eat too much of the monthly budget - it will cost more or less the same for a single to attend a wedding as the couple - travel costs the same, hotel unlikely to be much cheaper, taxi back to hotel costs the same, gift costs more or less the same, outfit costs the same. If we're both going, we can assume that hotel won't be too punitive, alone, you have to hunt for a single room/affordable double/find another unattached friend and a twin room, all of which take time.

Obviously I could RSVP almost instantly to a relatively local wedding, or one where we've got the date booked on the rota already and are both invited. Anything else takes time and research.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics