Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner

small private weddings for just bride and groom or 2-4 guests, scotland??

miss_r, 9 of August of 2010 at 16:38 Posted on Planning 1 8

Hello

I'm looking for small wedding venues as we want our wedding to be just for us (and the witnesses that we find), or maybe with a couple of guests but not sure yet, I want it to be very private as i'm quite shy, and we like the idea of getting married in scotland, somewhere where it is very quiet and has nice scenery. Any ideas??

Hope to hear from you soon thanks x

8 replies

Latest activity by songbird, 8 of September of 2010 at 13:51
  • agentblackcat
    Beginner July 2011
    agentblackcat ·
    • Hide content

Gretna - its a lovely venue just over the border and a few other hitchers have got married there and loved it. Its also a good price too x

• Welshthistle
    Welshthistle ·
    • Hide content

Hello, and congrats on your engagement! Obviously I don't know what your budget is, but you can hire the tiny, old chapel in Edinburgh Castle for £1000-£2000. It holds about 15 people max (from what I remember) and so simple and gorgeous. Then you walk out and you're greeted with a view of the whole of Edinburgh, stretching out to the Forth, it's stunning.

There's also a chain of small hotels in Edinburgh that do weddings, www.townhousecompany.com, very personal. If you get married in Edinburgh there are plenty of places for nice pictures like the Botanical Gardens. Edinburgh Zoo also do weddings now I think! Have a look here: uniquevenuesofedinburgh.co.uk

Outside of Edinburgh, I'd suggest googling Grampian Wedding Directory for places in the North East. Again, depending on budget, there's Guthrie Castle, who despite being a big venue, do a lot of small intimate weddings as they have a chapel in the castle itself.

Those are the two geographical bits of Scotland that I know, I'm sure someone else can recommend venues in other areas!

(oh, thought of somewhere else - Loch Rannoch hotel has beautiful views and is licensed for weddings)

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We came across this place: https://comlongon.com/ when we were looking at venues. Decided it was too far out of the way and too small for us in the end up but it was very beautiful. Another one we were going to visit but didn't was http://www.ballochneck.com/ We actually ended up not even going to look at that one as I phoned a fair bit in advance to see if we could have a look round and was told no problem, let us know nearer the time. when I phoned back the lady on the phone was a bit rude tbh - I do understand it's a family run place so she may have been run off her feet that day but it didn't fill me with confidence. You may have better luck with them though.

HTH

• W
    Beginner
    Wicket ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I got married in the Gretna Hall Blacksmith's Workshop in Gretna Green with just me and H there with two witnesses that were booked as part of the package. We had a minister and photographer and it came to about £700 altogether including photographs.

It had some nice grounds for the photographs - my favourite photo is of us under the gazebo. I can post a link to my photos if you want a peek.

HTH

• xsammix
    Beginner February 2011
    xsammix ·
    • Hide content

Try here:

https://www.weeweddings.co.uk/

Its stunning. I looked at it for OH and I.

x

• S
    Beginner May 2011
    sandy254 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, have you had a look at tree ouse weddings? There is one in Loch Goilheead, Argyl. I have seen it and it is truly lovely. Just too small a venue for us. It is lovely you should take a look? We are getting married on aq cruise boat on Loch Lomond and it is neearly small!!! only abouot 50 day guests then a free for all party at night!!

Good Luck?

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aw thats our venue, it is even more stunning in real life! the one another poster mentioned with the tree house is called the lodge and looks lovely but they werent that helpful when we contacted them so didnt go for them in the end x

• M
    Beginner
    miss_r ·
    • Hide content

Hello

Thanks for all the answers, thats alot to think about!!

Will look at those venues/websites today.

Thanks

Miss R

• S
    songbird ·
    • Hide content

Hi, congratulations on your upcoming wedding. The hillfoot villages (Alva, Menstrie, Tillicoultry and Dollar at the base of the Ochils are very beautiful. I know of a couple who had their wedding ceremony in a leafy glade, by a waterfall in Alva Glen. It was a very quiet and peaceful hour where the bride and groom exchanged vows and was attended by only a small handful of close friends. My husband and I attended and all guests including the bride and groom stayed in a magnificent guesthouse called Westbourne in Tillicoultry. We had a superb meal there on the evening of our arrival. I'm sure if you wanted something different they would be happy to cater for your wedding meal. I remember in particular the lovely private dining room with its high ceilings and the warm friendly hospitality recieved by the owners.

All the best and have a wonderful day

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics