Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kayleigh
Rockstar October 2023 Bristol

Social Media ban

Kayleigh, 21 of June of 2022 at 16:42 Posted on Planning 0 7

So I ( like many others) would like to make sure we are the first people to share photos of our big day. My plan is to make seat cards for people to read when they sit. How does this sound?

Welcome!

We’re glad you could share our special day with us, however we’d like to share our Wedding Day online when we’re ready, so please don’t post photos or videos on social media until we’ve made our own announcement.

Thank you

7 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 22 of June of 2022 at 22:04
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I think this is perfectly fine i think its annoying how people would do this at the end of day you and h2b be should be 1st ones to post x
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

You can get signs from Etsy and place them in the venue, take a look at the below, cheap enough, or you can make your own

Social media wedding sign | Etsy UK

We also asked our registrar to make an announcement at the beginning before I came in to say people were welcome to take photos but nothing was to be shared on SM until after we had posted our first pic.

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

"We also asked our registrar to make an announcement at the beginning before I came in to say people were welcome to take photos but nothing was to be shared on SM until after we had posted our first pic."

Yep this it the best way to go about it and I see this done quite often.

Also make sure that your suppliers know not to post too. I have heard of instances where a supplier has shared even before the wedding time.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our photographer posted some 'preview' pics of us and loads of people saw them before we did! And then shared his post to their own page, so by the time we saw our first photos, a few hundred other people had seen them first! Smiley xd

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's really bad and unprofessional - but that could be the point - many shooting weddings are a professional. Professional being a full time photographer without another job.

I make a note of asking my couples if they mind me posting a sneak preview in a couple of days. Some say fine but they would like to see them first. Some say not to post any at all.

• Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ve followed my photographer, florist and hair and make up lady on Instagram and I’ve noticed they always post a week after the wedding and they comment something like “last weekends wedding” so I think I’m covered there but I think I will ask registrar about announcing before I come in!
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ours was a full timer. I think he was maybe just a bit overexcited as we were his first wedding post lockdown! He was totally hyper on the day, saying he couldn't believe he was finally back to photographing weddings Smiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics