Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lex
Dedicated July 2023 West Yorkshire

Spam posts!!!

Lex, 24 of October of 2022 at 10:19 Posted on Feedback to Hitched 1 5
Is anyone else absolutely sick of the forums boards being spammed with bot posts?! I barely seem to find any legit posts and it’s honestly putting me off the app…
Spam posts!!! 1
Spam posts!!! 2
Spam posts!!! 3

5 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 25 of May of 2023 at 19:01
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    It’s really putting me off too. Is there any report function?
  • Abi
    Dedicated May 2024 Conwy
    Abi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Spam posts!!! 4

There’s a report button at the bottom of all posts and comments (see pic, in line with the share button) but it’s reliant on Hitched manually removing them, it’s putting me off too.
  • Hannah
    Dedicated September 2023 South West London
    Hannah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Lex,

Hannah here from Htiched.co.uk. As an open forum, like any other open site, bots can filter through and unfortunately, post spam. At this moment in time, we enable as many filters in to block these out as soon as they try and get posted but some do slip the net that regularly gets removed from the site manually. The manual removal is done by me every day. However, some may slip the net when I am trying to remove all spam. Please do use the report function as this is a huge help and alerts me immediately to remove.

Please drop me a DM if you have further questions at all

Best,

Hannah

• R
    Beginner June 2024 Hampshire
    Rachael ·
    • Hide content

It seems this is still an issue. I've just joined but the forums are next to useless due to the number of spam posts. You cannot search for "most recent" discussions due to this ... I've not seen this on other forums and it is such a shame!

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know - I keep suggesting that they bring back post approval for the first 5 or so posts for a new member, as I doubt the spammers could be bothered to produce 5 genuine posts to get in, but no result. It was so much better when I first joined, because they did have post approval at the start and hardly any spam.

They keep saying to report it, but honestly, yesterday, there were about 30 different spam posts, all about a minute apart. Who has time to keep reporting all that stuff?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics