Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious August 2021 Lancashire

Stag do and covid

Sarah, 22 of July of 2021 at 09:00 Posted on Planning 1 11
So my fiancé has his stag do on the 7th august for 1 night and we get married on the 25th august I am really worrying about them coming down with covid. Is this enough time?

I am going to take my little boy out of nursery from the 13th and then we are going to wfh after that day too. Just worrying so much as this is our 4th date! So fed up of covid!

11 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 23 of July of 2021 at 20:47
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    They say 10 days to isolate if you test positive x but i can understand why your fed up and worried i hope everything goes okay and you have an amazing day x I hope your having a hen night you need to release some stress too x💗
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    10 days is the isolation period from the point of contact with a COVID case. So if he goes out on the 7th and comes into contact he would only have to isolate until the 18th. As long as he’s careful (no licking door handles or sharing tissues 🤣😝) he should be fine.
    My hen is Saturday and the stag is the week after and our weddings are the same time. We’re wearing masks as much as possible and still spending a lot of time outside even though we can go inside. We’re both jabbed so if we do catch it hopefully it’s just like a cold and we’ll also be out of the spreading stage by the wedding.

Wfh is a good idea, stay in your bubble as much as possible. We’re limiting contact with anyone on the lead up so we don’t catch anything or have to isolate and and the masks are giving me the worst skin and I don’t want a spotty face.
    Not long to go now!! Hope the planning is nearly done and your having a hen too. ❤️❤️❤️
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I wish deans was the week before like your fellas lol.

Do you have much to do a few weeks before the wedding so you have to go out? We double vaccinated to so hopefully we will be ok. How’s the planning going? X
  • Emma
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    He originally wanted it the weekend before the wedding!! I quickly shut that down lol. He takes around 3 weeks to recover from a hangover.

As long as I can get everything done like pick the last bits up (shirt/shoes/underwear) and dress fitting etc before the 12th then I don’t need to leave the house. My poor postman is knocking on the door daily with new bits I’ve ordered. I’ve got my hen on Saturday so that’s my last weekend of freedom quite literally lol. Have you go much left to do? Xx
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Its the little bite now i need to do. Need to do my picture sign, confetti, hand gel and gifts.

i am going to see if i can collect the suits the week before. Do you think i will be ok to get my nails done on the monday (married on the Wednesday) or is that too risky?

• S
    Savvy July 2021 Worcestershire
    Sarahjp2021 ·
    • Hide content
    My wedding is a week Thursday, I haven't left the house and am not planning to since 19th to allow for the 10 days, I have cancelled an appointment on Saturday but I'm also not sure if I should cancel my nail appointment for Wednesday. We have booked to go abroad from next Saturday too so I'm not sure if its worth the risk or not just to paint nails! I'm more worried about people, especially my immediate family getting told they have to isolate and miss the wedding! I think in your situation you've got enough time so try not to worry too much!
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Horrible isn’t it when we feel like this. I’m gonna get my nails done still but she is my friend so I’m gonna seeing she will take a test for me. With the suits I’m literally gonna run in and out as Quick as I can lol. Wish we didn’t have to feel like this.

I hope you have the best day
  • Emma
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I reckon as long as your both wearing masks and washing hands etc you should be fine. My nail lady is testing before my appointment and she’s still following strict restrictions to minimise risk to herself and her clients, also she can’t afford anymore isolations after lockdown. I think anyone who is working in or with the wedding industry is being so cautious because this is now their busiest time and they can’t afford to be off.
    My covid app where you check in etc may accidentally be turned off too from the 12th. Don’t want to be pinged or contacted 🙊😏 (obviously I’m not suggesting for people to do this and I’m taking covid very seriously)
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ll be doing the same with the app lol. I think the self isolation will defo help being stopped xx
  • S
    Savvy July 2021 Worcestershire
    Sarahjp2021 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know it is, still I will be happy just being able to just go ahead with the wedding as planned at this point 😂 thanks you too!!
  • Sarah
    Savvy August 2021 Suffolk
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Oh god mine has just arranged his stag for the week before the wedding..I didn't even think!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics