Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner August 2012

Stag do attendees

John Boy, 30 May, 2011 at 20:21 Posted on Planning 0 10

Bit of a conundrum, stag do being planned by the Best man however do the attendees of my last weekend of freedom expect an invitation to the whole day at the wedding or is being invited to the night time do ok??

10 replies

Latest activity by *JLS*, 31 May, 2011 at 10:15
  • Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Whatever you have the budget etc for - it your's and your OH's day, so whatever you want really

• kerrylou89
    Beginner August 2011
    kerrylou89 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

about 5 of my OH stag go attendees are coming to the day, the rest are coming to the evening!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

My OH's stag and my Hen was about half day guests and half evening...

• D
    Beginner February 2012
    Dani1984 ·
    • Hide content

Hi apart from the best man, my brother and my dad and his dad none of the other stag attendees are coming to the day do, they will be invited to the evening do only,

we are not having that many friends to the day do it will be the same for my hen do

i went on a friends hen do the other year and that was evening do invite

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

My OH's stag do has people who are going to the day and people who are going to the evening. A couple of people are going to the stag do but not the wedding - they were invited but can't make the wedding and he still wanted them at the stag do. I think you can do as you want.

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

I think its all down to what you want to do. All of my OH stag attendees are coming all day to the wedding and all of my Hens are coming to the whole thing too.

I have been on several hen parties and weekends where I have only been invited to the evening though, so don't think it matters either way.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I'm slightly in the minority here but I think I would have felt weird having people on my hen do that I didn't consider a close enough friend to invite for the whole day. Having said that, we were lucky enough to have the space and funds to invite everyone we wanted for the whole day and had we not been in that situation, we may have felt differently, especially judging by the responses here.

But you asked the question, and I can only say how I honestly feel and how my H2B feels and we both only invited day guests to our hen/stag parties.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

I really do hate this idea of a stag/hen night being your "last night of freedom". It just doesn't make sense to me. You aren't really "giving anything up" - except perhaps the ability to go and get laid with whoever you want, whenever you want - simply by getting married, and that sort of behaviour should have long since stopped by the time you've got engaged.

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

AJ please calm down - he's asking for invite advice!!!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh please give it up AJ - it is a figure of speech and we know you don't like it, it's boring now.

The OP was asking a question about invitations to his stag do.

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

MY OH went on a stag do of one of his friends from back home and he wasn't invited to either!! He didn't seem to fussed, but I thought it was a bit rude.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics