Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

1234ABC
Beginner

Strange Combinations of foods you like to eat

1234ABC, 15 of March of 2012 at 12:46 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 57

I'm having lunch in work and a colleague just walked past me and gave me the strangest look because i'm having celery and greek yoghurt as part of my lunch. I also really like Carrots and Philly Cheese.

Does anyone else have a strange combination of foods that they like to eat that others think is strange?

57 replies

Latest activity by Mrs Whippy, 17 of March of 2012 at 14:49
  • Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't think either of those combos are strange! Yoghurt and Philly (the plain kind anyway) you can eat with savoury or sweet things.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

When I go to KFC I like to get a Twister Meal with a side of beans, and then I open up the wrap and fill it with all my beans and chips, wrap it back up and eat it...mmmmm.

I also like to put fries on my McDonalds cheeseburger.

Given that I eat fast food about three times a year, I'm not sure why all of my strange food combos are based on it ?

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

OH seems to think I'm mad for loving peanut butter and honey sandwiches. or peanut butter and honey on apple slices. or peanut butter and honey on crackers. or peanut butter and honey, with chopped pecans or walnuts sandwich, butteredo n the outside and grilled like a grilled cheese sandwich.

I don't think it's mad, though. I think it's heavenly!

Another one, which is fairly traditional is the sharp cheddar and tart apple. DELICIOUS!

Oh, and back to peanut butter: chunky peanut butter and chocolate chip sandwich Smiley smile

So bad, but so so so good. ?

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

Oh! this isn't food, but people seem to find it strange: during the christmas season I always order a double tall 2 pump gingerbread 3/4 skim milk 1/4 eggnog no whip latte from starbucks. Yes, it's a mouthfull, and yes they will get it wrong if you don't mark the cup for them and explain very carefully, but it's delicious. Just a hint of gingerbread and just a hint of eggnog and all scrumptious!

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Ham and crisp sandwiches (love them!)

nutella on porridge

• Nubbin
    Beginner January 2012
    Nubbin ·
    • Hide content

Cheese, beetroot and corned beef sandwiches.

I also like pickled onion, cheese and ham sandwiches. Lumpy, but delicious.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

I don't think I have ANY weird food combinations, though, when I was a kid I would dunk my rich tea biscuits in ribena. Absolutely delish!!

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Fries dipped in pink milk, yum.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Carrots and philly, yummers!!

i have vinegar with everything, thats a weirdo combo

i also like bbq flavour pringles and cucumber slices eaten together!!

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't think either are strange either, but it was the look i was given from my colleague when he saw that's what i was eatting.

H doesn't like Celery and can't understand how i can eat it.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I looooove celery. In fact, I had celery sticks and cream cheese for my lunch! Smiley laugh

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are the normal ones RKB, it is your colleague who is strange ? I also like celery!

I like to eat pizza and dip the crusts in mayo. H thinks this is weird. I say it is normal, and point to Dominos pizzas as proof... they COME WITH dipping sauce!

I had a honey pizza once in Dubai. Not just pizza base topped with honey, which would be fine... but pizza base, tomato topping AND honey. Sounds disgusting but it was actually quite tasty!

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had it with Greek Yoghurt! It's one of those 'really good for you, and taste's nice too' foods! I also had some sugarsnap peas too! Smiley smile

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I like boiled rice and gravy. salt & cinegar crisps on a butty with mustard. Chips with butter on (just one or two never a plate full)

OH eats all sorts of odd things. His lunch today was Pate, ham, cheese, cucmber butty with salad cream and ketchup. rank!

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Gotta love pate and philli on toast. Her indoors was bought up eating "mince on toast".....totally wrong as i tried it when in NZ. Its like cottage pie filling on toast ?

• Figs
    Beginner June 2012
    Figs ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha, I used to do this with my orange squash! Mmmm!!

And I just lurve lurve LURRRVE pickled onions - I will sit with the jar and a fork happily munching away whilst watching TV

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

Ready salted crisps with a few polo mints stuck in the bag and shaken together. Sounds weird, no idea how my dad discovered it (he then told me to try it) but it's absolutely amazing.

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

Sausage Rolls and Ketchup! Mounds of ketchup!

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

Most of those I don't think are strange combinations at all!

I love weetabix with a bit of butter and then cheese on top. Loads of people think that is strange but it's just like crackers and cheese for me!

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Mince on toast sounds immense!!!!!!!!!! I can not wait to try this! I am a lover of pot noodle on toast too.

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This just seems like common sense to me!

Oh I just thought of another couple: scrambled eggs and ketchup, and macaroni and cheese and ketchup!

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I NEED to try this! Is it breakfast time yet? ?

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

If I'm eating garlic bread I ALWAYS have to dip it in ketchup.

• SassyT
    Beginner August 2013
    SassyT ·
    • Hide content

When I was pregnant my main craving was picalilly spread on dry weetabix! Even odd for me because I hated picalilly before pregnancy and went right back to hating again when Charlotte was born!

Prawn cocktail crisps in a nutella sandwich, nommmm.

I have salad cream with my sausage rolls!

I never thought this was odd but apparently me spreading butter on digestives or rich tea is just WRONG according to OH

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

I like ham on toast. So toast with butter and then a slice of ham on top. OH thought it was weird the first time he saw me make it.

Cheese and grapes, but thats kind of normal. I LOVE cheese and pineapple sticks. That are my absolute FAVE of the buffet.

Marmite :-)

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

Salt and vinegar squares and dairylea. I also love Pate and Coleslaw sandwiches... Calorific, but so good.

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? to all of these things. Yum!

• Strippy2011
    Beginner June 2011
    Strippy2011 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Snap!

Oh and I eat pineapple with most things! my friends think it is very very odd. I however just see it as another way to eat my fruit! lol

• Strippy2011
    Beginner June 2011
    Strippy2011 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Snap!

Oh and I eat pineapple with most things! my friends think it is very very odd. I however just see it as another way to eat my fruit! lol

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I do this!! I love pickled onions with a sprinkle of salt and i could eat them all day! H finds this particulary weird as he really doesn't like pickled onions!

He however doesn't find warming a bit of bread in the microwave and then smearing it with tomato sause the least bit gross.

I absolutely hated how my older brother used to wrap ham around a block of cheese. I don't like Ham though, so i expect this is probably the reasoning behind my dislike.

• Flumpkin
    Beginner December 2012
    Flumpkin ·
    • Hide content

I think I have very wierd taste (or i did when I was younger) Sardine and tomato fish paste on buttered malt loaf, peanut butter, sandwich spread and tiny bit of marmite on toast, cheese and honey on toast, peanut butter and jam or marmalade on toast (not that odd) cheese and raspberry jam on cream crackers, any cheese on digestive biscuits especially boursin - are you all feeling ill yet?? Peanut butter and cucumber sandwiches......... the list goes on!

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds delicious.?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics