Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melty Cat
Beginner July 2016

Suitable Hen Do Ideas?

Melty Cat, 2 March, 2013 at 00:04 Posted on Planning 0 17

Let me start out be explaining the type of person I am... I am quite fussy when it comes to modern hen do traditions.

I do NOT like:

• L Plates
  • Pink (The colour makes me quite ragey)
  • Penis decorations/items/etc
  • Bride-To-Be sashes
  • Badges
  • Skimpy clothing
  • Bar/Pub Crawls
  • Clubbing
  • Strippers
  • Bowling
  • Mini Golf
  • Make-up
  • Hair & Nails stuff
  • GIRLY THINGS

As an extra note, I also suffer from a rare condition called Aquagenic Urticaria, so anything water/liquid related like massages, or swimming is a no-no. Great for the others, but not for me.

I'd love for my hen do celebrations to be tasteful but fun. I believe that you don't need alcohol and smut to have a good time, but since that's not always the norm I am struggling for good ideas. I'd like to do something fun and creative, but within my budget as well as my other hen's budgets. I'd love it if we could even do something where you get to take home something that you've made as a reminder, but finding places around here is difficult. (I am based in Derbyshire and have no transport!)

Any ideas? Please share them. Seriously, even the crazy ideas!

17 replies

Latest activity by Melty Cat, 2 March, 2013 at 16:08
  • Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

Your hen do can be whatever you like. How about hiring a nice car getting you and girls picked up then off to somewhere?

what about a spa treat?

A show of some sort? Like a musical or play?

What do you do for fun?

xx

• Melty Cat
    Beginner July 2016
    Melty Cat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My work is pretty much my 'fun'. Illustration, design, acting, voice acting and such. I love shows, movies and such, but I was hoping for something a little more engaging than being sat in a seat all night.

The spa idea might be nice for the hens, but I'd have to sit it out since I suffer from aquagenic urticaria. Smiley xd Haha.

• Aurora Borealis
    Beginner June 2013
    Aurora Borealis ·
    • Hide content

Pottery painting or another crafty activity would mean you could take something home as a reminder. Otherwise maybe paintballing or 'it's a knockout' style activity?

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

What about murder mystery nights? Can get u involved. I've never been but have always wanted too. x

• Melty Cat
    Beginner July 2016
    Melty Cat ·
    • Hide content

That might be fun. One of my hens is VERY easily scared, so it might be a giggle to hear her squeal. HAHA! Just have to find one. The joys of being in a small town. (Ripley, Derbyshire)

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

If I think of anything else I will let you know Smiley smile x

• Melty Cat
    Beginner July 2016
    Melty Cat ·
    • Hide content

Thank you, much appreciated. I need all the help I can get with it. I don't want to just settle for a night in stuffing popcorn down our throats. Haha.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

I love the murder mystery idea. I dislike most of the things you dislike.

I'm having a quiet meal in the afternoon, 8 of us. Then the function room below for about 30 of us for a 'pub quiz' (two halves, normal questions first, then saucy/marriage-related questions next) with forfeits/prizes. Small buffet. Then disco that has karaoke capability for those of us that can't resist!

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    Happybride85 ·
    • Hide content

I won't know what I am doing for my hens. My bridesmaid organise one for me.

Quad bike, go karting or laser tag?

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

Comedy club? Alton Towers or similar? Canal boating? The sign up for groupon maybe? The one in our area regularly offers things like cupcake making classes, recording studio experience, falconry all sorts really.

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

I'm not much help really on the ideas front, I love all the things you hate- for me life can it be smutty or pink enough- although I do hate L plates! However, if you are in ripley your not that far from derby, sheffield and Nottingham, even Birmingham area isn't undo able. I am sure you will find something that suits. Although I am a smut lover we are also off to the races for a day for my non smut loving friends before the night of cheap tat, willy straws and minimal clothing begins!

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

Sorry made my own pet hate mistake you're not your! Bad teacher.

And can not not can it.

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

Sorry made my own pet hate mistake you're not your! Bad teacher.

And can not not can it.

• Melty Cat
    Beginner July 2016
    Melty Cat ·
    • Hide content

Haa, don't you just hate when that happens? Smiley xd

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Wow you would have hated my hen do ?

We did however do a chocolate making course which you might like. It was good fun and we got to take something home at the end of it, so something along these lines might be good.

Or what about doing a dance class, I think it was Flow that did this for hers and they learnt the dance routine for 'Single Ladies' and I know she said she loved that.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

How about a ghost tour and last supper?

[[http://www.ilkestontown.co.uk/hauntedilkeston/Unexplainend/Hauntedderby/DerbyGhostWalks.html ]]

• Melty Cat
    Beginner July 2016
    Melty Cat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOL! Good old ghost tours. Amusingly I'm the founder of the Derbyshire Paranormal Society, so... Yeah.

Though that might be an idea to scare the willies out of my other hens. BD

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics