Skip to main content
Emma
Beginner April 2023 Lincolnshire

Suzanne Neville

Emma, 22 March 2022 at 04:40 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 8
Saved
So I’ve fallen in love with these dresses (not the price) I have a few appointments booked to try them on. Just wondering if anyone could suggest some similar style dresses at a lower price?

Willing to rent/buy second hand too.
Also how long does it normally take to get a dress altered?

8 replies

Latest activity by Jamie, 24 March 2022 at 14:32
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    Try looking for a bridal reloved or a wed2b - they sell sample dresses and second hand dresses, so they’re much cheaper than the RRP.

In terms of alterations, you usually need to leave about 3 months to be safe. My seamstress has actually turned my dress around in less than 2 months, for alterations to the fit, length, and a bustle. You can also sometimes pay more for them to prioritise your work if you need it more quickly.
  • I
    Curious September 2023 West Sussex
    Inkdream39 ·
    To add... try StillWhite. It's a bridal dress resale site (and app) and you can search by designer.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·

If you have google lens on your phone you can search the picture (screenshot it) and it will bring up similar items so may be worth a try

• Michelle
    VIP July 2023 Cheshire
    Michelle Online ·
    Hi have you tried ebay may sound silly but you might find one or vinted xx💗
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2023 Cheshire
    Michelle Online ·
    Just tried ebay uk found 65 results you will have to have a look xx💗
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated September 2023 Lincolnshire
    Charlotte ·
    I completely understand this as I’m exactly the same!!

I’ve loved Suzanne Nevilles’ dresses for a good few years (ever since I lived in London and walked past her flagship store 😍). So I went and tried some on at two different boutiques and it’s a very dangerous game!! They are beautiful gowns and in all honesty I am telling myself that if I do choose a SN gown (currently torn between SN and Sassi Holford) then I will sell it afterwards to at least get some of the money back - plus that way someone else gets to enjoy it!
    With regards to other designers, it depends on which SN dresses you like. I’ve tried a Rebecca Ingram gown which to be fair was also lovely as well as some Essence of Australia gowns which are both half the price of SN. Depending on budget, Sassi Holford and Stephanie Allin also sell some beautiful designs (still definitely not cheap though!).
    Sorry if I’ve not really helped but just letting you know you’re not alone! Xx
  • Jamie
    Dedicated October 2022 Argyll
    Jamie ·

I'd also have a look at Sell My Wedding, as quite a few pre-loved dresses pop up on there for sale.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics