Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BridalButterfly2012
Beginner June 2012

Table centerpiece ideas please

BridalButterfly2012, 13 December, 2011 at 21:34 Posted on Planning 0 18

Hi everyone,

I am having a red wedding colour theme with butterflies as the theme. We are not having a sit down meal we are having a late ceremony then after welcome drinks and canopies and speeches we are having a BBQ so i am stuck as to what to have as our table centerpiece's. I would preferably like to be able to incorporate the red and butterflies into the idea but am un sure how when i have tried to google images it doesn't really come up with much.

All advice and ideas greatly appreciated.

x

18 replies

Latest activity by BridalButterfly2012, 23 December, 2011 at 18:26
  • teapotty
    Beginner October 2013
    teapotty ·
    • Hide content

You could change butterflies to red

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

Lily-Rose-Events search for on facebook and then look at their tatton wedding show 2010/2011 pics...

This place has some nice butterfly ideas!! sorry no idea how to post pics so had to do a link!! you could change some white roses to red! Smiley smile x

• S
    StaceyH ·
    • Hide content

I'm having chocolate sculptures. I dont want flowers or vases with the run of the mill stuff. IMO, it's a waste of ££

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

You could add a butterfly or Butterflies on long sturdy wires to any of these:

• Iheartbuttons
    Iheartbuttons ·
    • Hide content

Hello Smiley smile

I make vintage button & jewellery posies in old bottles which can be themed. In fact, I am making a butterfly/pearl/Silver & White themed set for a bride to be for her tables. Here are a couple I have made before. Buttons come in all themes and shades so it's no problem with colours or butterflies. They can also be personalised with a little card with the names/date of the wedding. Great little keepsakes too. Hope it gives you some ideas Smiley smile

• K
    kmdesign@tesco.net ·
    • Hide content

Hi

This is one of our arrangements using wooden roses with butterflies.

K M Design www.k-m-design.co.uk email ********@*****.***

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I too had a butterfly theme. You can get red crystal gel to go in vases in many colours including red, or those underwater lights (floralytes) in red.

I found a company in Australia that make cut out plastic butterflies in a huge range of colours, sizes & styles. They had the best range I found anywhere. I used them on our wedding cake too as they gave a 3d effect & with the wings bent up, moved in the wind & looked almost real. You might get some inspiration from their website.

http://www.clearcutcrafts.com/shop/

Some other ideas:

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you very much to all of your replies they are all very helpful. My idea was to have a medium size fish bowl with red and clear gel beads and a red rose in it with a white butterfly cliped on the edge of the bowl then have red silk rose petals ,crystals and paper punched butterflies all scattered around the bowl on a square mirror plate. How does that sound? x

• teapotty
    Beginner October 2013
    teapotty ·
    • Hide content

That sounds lovely, love the sound of the punched butterflies Smiley smile

Just as an alternative to the gel beads, what about feathers? At our engagement party we had fishbowls and I bought a black feather boa and cut it into pieces for in the fishbowls. Then I put couple of silk roses on top. I got the feather boa off ebay for about £2 and it goes a long way!

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Dabbott- thank you. It is funny you should say that about the feathers because i was googling other ideas and seen some thing with feathers and it looked lovely but far more over the top than what i want so i have been trying to imagine and figure out how to do it in the fish bowl and what colour to have the feathers?

Do you have any pics of yours so i can see how it looks as i really like this idea now and want to see how it works

Thank u x

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

We are having a hurricane vase sat on a chunky cream candlestick then ivy and flowers wrapped around it. You could do that and add the butterflies around the stick instead/ as well as flowers.

I haven't got a picture of it all together but this is the vase.

• RebeccaC
    RebeccaC ·
    • Hide content

Ikea have great vases and bowls - could you make a red flower arrangement in there! Google images and see what you find!!!

• RebeccaC
    RebeccaC ·
    • Hide content

You could recreate the red butterfly bowl - using bowls from ikea.

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks again,

Once xmas and all the mad rush is out he way i think i will spend January researching my centerpiece ideas and experimenting. Think a trip to ikea is also in need. Will get what i can in the sales too esp ribbon etc.

• honeybee9
    Beginner May 2012
    honeybee9 ·
    • Hide content

I'm also having red but not butterflies. I've bought all of the vases, mirrors and tealights etc for ours and this is what we are having-

• Zoexx
    Beginner July 2012
    Zoexx ·
    • Hide content

Ooooooo I love this! Where is it from?x

• honeybee9
    Beginner May 2012
    honeybee9 ·
    • Hide content

I found it on a google search. Here are more submerged flowers-

• Zoexx
    Beginner July 2012
    Zoexx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry my quote didn't show up-where is the tree with butterflies on from?x

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Honeybee9.

I really like that. Are they real flowers? That is similar to what i was thinking of but using a small fish bowl instead. Think i am just going to settle with something like this.

My mock run of what i am thinking of doing i have a photo of but when i try cutting and pasting it hasn't worked both times. How do you do it?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics