Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

LeeLee :)
Beginner

Table centrepieces with feathers & real flowers?

LeeLee :), 3 of January of 2011 at 12:21 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hey there, I'm getting married on 8th October and I've got it in my head (however stupid I don't know haha), that I would love to have our table centrepieces with tall vases and inside to include feathers and real flowers, but practically I don't know if it will work or not. I also am looking to have the mirror plates and some sort of lighting either inside the vases or sitting on top of the mirror plates.

Has anyone got any advice, or pictures of something similar that worked? Really look forward to hearing your thoughts/advice as I'm scratching my head wondering if this will work or not. I haven't seen a florist yet but will do in the next couple of weeks.

Thank you ?

5 replies

Latest activity by Amour Occasions, 3 of January of 2011 at 15:14
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

It would be easy enough to use fresh flowers with feathers. You could add flowers to something like these:

Or adding feathers to a design like this:

• Amour Occasions
    Amour Occasions ·
    • Hide content

Hi

How about:

SOmething like this?

Flowers and feathers:

I think the main problem could be that the feathers are so big generally for centrepieces you may need quite big floral arrangements so the flowers dont get lost

If you want to have a chat about how best to do this please feel free to give me a shout!

Claire x

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Hello, originally we had the idea of peacock feathers and cala lillies which ties in with our theme, however due to trying to save a bit of money we have decided to drop the flower idea, however it is definitely something that would have worked. I have a new comp so bear with me and i shall try and post a pic in a bit. Have you any ideas of which flowers/feathers etc?

• LeeLee :)
    Beginner
    LeeLee :) ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey, thank you everyone for your replies, its much appreciated and very inspirational ?

The display above is very near to what I had in my mind, our colour scheme is midnight blue, so I was thinking maybe having the feathers in the dark blue and having ivory flowers and some foliage with added touches of crystals so that lights will shine off them ? I'm also wondering if something like the above is gonna blow our budget, so I was thinking of DIYing some bits. The next step is to see a florist and get their ideas and costings as I'd also need to hire the vases and mirrors etc. ?

Thanks again,

LeeLee

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Something with less flowers would certainly keep the costs down, you could use less flowers & more foliage to bulk out the design.I am sure yourflorist will be able to give you some ideas on costs:

• Amour Occasions
    Amour Occasions ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi LeeLee

If you would like to talk about your ideas or get a idea for prices please feel free to email me ******@**************.**.** I would be happy to help!

Claire x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics