Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Little fluff
Beginner September 2011

Table ice breakers???

Little fluff, 16 July, 2010 at 20:35 Posted on Planning 0 17

Are any of you ladies having anything on the tables as an ice breaker??? Table trivia is the only thing i have seen and the sample questions seem a bit naff. Any ideas??

17 replies

Latest activity by Sandysounds, 7 September, 2011 at 13:39
  • yummymummy05
    Beginner November 2010
    yummymummy05 ·
    • Hide content

HI,

We bought some table trivia from good old ebay. we bought them a while ago and chose our own catergories. cant get the link sorry as it was a while ago when we bought them

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

Im not going to bother with these kind of things. I am putting people at the tables who know eachother and they should at least know 1 person at the table so will be ok! I have actually never heard of the idea til I came here!!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Paddy power do free speech betting kits...

I've seen quite a few of those fortune teller thingies...

Or you could go all out and have a living table to talk to!!!

• L
    Beginner August 2010
    louisep ·
    • Hide content

We are getting table trivia, they are a bit naff bit it will get people talking and they should have fun at how naff they are he he

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking of table trivia or these

http://www.coxandcox.co.uk/products/love-origami/in/any-excuse-for-a-party

but, as deborahmcintyre29 said, people will know other people on their table as we are making sure that ppl are sat with some ppl they do know and some they dont but we think they will get on with!

I think we are going to go for the cheap ice breaker or hoping each table has someone who will start the game "so how do you know the bride and groom?" !!

• sidsidney
    Beginner
    sidsidney ·
    • Hide content

Not really table trivia but we have ordered some of these wedding sweepstake packs for our tables.

http://content.paddypower.com/weddingsweepstakes/index.php

Just order them off the website and they come in envelopes to leave on the tables - for free!

That said though, we are doing our best to sit people with people they know, so shouldnt need an ice breaker as such!

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

I saw table trivia boxes in lakeland earlier on today! Hope thats a help to some of you!!

• J
    Beginner
    Joely1986 ·
    • Hide content

You could put a small pass the parcel on each table, an under each layer have a question such as

'Funniest memory of bride and groom'

'Who has know the groom longest'

'Where did you meet the bride'

And also a small chocolate, such as after 8 mint or something?

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

The best, most consistent icebreakers I've come across at weddings are free flowing booze and nice guests.

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

OH and I were at a couple of friends wedding in May and we didn't know anyone there and we were sat at a table, and everyone else seemed to know each other. They did ask us how we new the bride and groom and it went from there. No need for ice breakers!

We thought about putting wee cards on the table with MR RKB's Did you know? - and a random fact for everyone to have that might help if anyone feels a bit uneasy.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

We put a quiz on each table which I compiled myself which had a few questions about us, a few wedding related questions and then a "name the Famous Bride" picture quiz section. I wasn't going to bother and only did it the week before the wedding but it went down really well. It definitely gets people talking and laughing.

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, how did the big day go?!!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I am seating people together who know each other, and if they are not familiar I am putting them next to people who are very chatty and would speak to a brick wall!

The white company social stirrers were so cheap in the sale though so I bought a box and will put one at each place setting. They aren't trivia as such but humorous questions which should raise a few laughs once the drink is flowing.

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

I've organised a few activities for guests at the table such as a personalised quiz, wedding anagrams, answering three questions which are compiled into a book for the B&G (whats your funniest memory of the couple, advice for married life, a wish for them) and a 'guess the baby' quiz (where all the wedding party are pictured as babies!!).

Although something like this isn't really 'needed' as such....it is good fun and you can hear the excitement as the tables work on their 'project' during the meal. You then need the MC (which in the cases above was me) to pull it all together at the end. With the baby competition, I got the tables to swap their answer sheets and when I read them out I'd walk near to the right peron and say 'who do you think it is BOB'... and he'd say 'me'. Simple idea... but so much fun.

As for pass the parcel.... I do one of them to find a winner to take home the centre piece. We pass round a pound coin (changing the criteria for being out each time). Done to the Glen Miller medley....its an absolute hoot!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics