Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner September 2012

Table Names - again!

fry12, 8 of June of 2012 at 12:32 Posted on Planning 0 44

Hiiiii i know this has been done many times however.....i need some inspiration, the idea i had im bored off!

44 replies

Latest activity by Chickster, 11 of June of 2012 at 10:34
  • bluemoongirly
    Beginner October 2013
    bluemoongirly ·
    • Hide content

Haha I want holidays we have been on, OH wants family names ie my maiden name, my mothers maiden name and my grandmothers' maiden names. Same on his side x

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

We have gone with 'our favourite things' for me designer handbags for him breeds of racing pigeon, you may well laugh but the ones that win races i name after said handbags so gucci for me is a bag for him its a winning racer lol our guests will be laughing at that as its so us, one of the birds prada was even mentioned in homing world magazine lol

• K
    Beginner
    Kerryp30 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I like the idea of holidays we have been on, but I also thought it might be nice to make it more tongue-in-cheek, so I was thinking of maybe the places we went on for our first dates (some not so impressive - like to watch his football team play (I hate football lol))

Looking forward to hearing other peoples idea's ?

Kerry

• Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

We are debating two different ideas: 1) Scottish clans - I'm marrying a Scotsman but i think this is a bit obvious 2) Names of different species of chilli plants - my OH is famous amongst our friends for growing weird varieties of chillies and giving the plants away. I love this idea because some of the names are really funny and it will make our guests smile but OH is not sure.

What stuff do you guys like? Let us know - even if it seems obscure and we could try to come up with some ideas.

What was your original idea? Perhaps we can come up with a spin on it?

• rachel2012
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

Naming tables yet another thing I havent thought about, [:'(]. I shall be watching this post for ideas!

• tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

I had different blends of tea, ours was obviously a vintage/ tea party theme. Mine and Mr T's mates (the loud ones) were sat on Tetley whilst everyone else was on Earl Grey etc. Queue very lopud shriek when one of my slightly tipsy mates noticed!

• porkchop
    Beginner September 2012
    porkchop ·
    • Hide content

We're having books of the Bible, with each one having a verse from that book about love, commitment etc written under it.

Not everyones cup of tea, but very important to us!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We were going to have places that we have been together... with photos of us there... but we ended up with more tables than places!

So we went with destinations on our honeymoon - Colombo, Pinnawela, Habarana, Kandy, Polonnaruwa, Sigyria, Dambulla, Nuwara Eliya & Kuramathi.

Each table had a postcard with a photo of the place and some information about the area.

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

We've gone with types of chocolate! Suits us both down to ground, and we'll have a mini version of the table chocolate as favours

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I love yours Nutty.

We had the street names of places we've spent time together.

• F
    Beginner June 2012
    Future Mrs Chuckles ·
    • Hide content

Memories!

• Kili
    Beginner June 2012
    Kili ·
    • Hide content

I let my OH choose our table names but that was a bad idea, he picked the names of planets from Star Wars ?

• PinkLady3
    Beginner September 2014
    PinkLady3 ·
    • Hide content

I would love to have something similar to Nutellas but have agreed to name them after my OH's fav football team's managers/players!

• PinkLady3
    Beginner September 2014
    PinkLady3 ·
    • Hide content

My OH would love to do the Star Wars thing but I put my foot down!

• Loule
    Beginner June 2013
    Loule ·
    • Hide content

My OH is a massive fan of Only Fools and Horses, so we are having character names as our table names.

Friends of mine have done:

- hotels in Las Vegas (where they got engaged)

- shades of red (eg, scarlet, crimson etc as red was their wedding colour)

- Chelsea football players

Hope that helps. x

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Blends of tea for us, to go with our tea party theme.

• E
    Beginner May 2013
    esumner ·
    • Hide content

We are going for chocolates/sweet treats that we both like, each table will have a tin filled with mini versions of them. We haven't travelled to many places on holidays (preferring to explore over here) and we both agreed this was right for us!

Top table - Lindt (my fave!) then we have things like haribo starmix, tangfastics, caramel shortbread, chocolate buttons etc.

Still to decide on all of them.

• Jalapeno
    Beginner October 2012
    Jalapeno ·
    • Hide content

I was just going to do numbers! How boring am I?! Will have a word with OH and I can almost guarantee he'll say "For goodness sake, Does it even matter?" until I mention that someone on the forum is doing StarWars tables, then he'll sit and think, realise he can have a say in what our tables will be called and then I'd put money on them being "Di Resta" Button" "Barricello", Schumacher", Webber", "Alonso" and he'll put the people he doesn't like much on "Hamilton"!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We only named them as we didn't want a perceived hierarchy for the tables.

• Jalapeno
    Beginner October 2012
    Jalapeno ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a fair point and one I'd not thought of.

I just mentioned it to him and before I'd even got to the point of saying someone is having StarWars, he said "excellent, can we have spaceships?"!

• F
    Beginner September 2012
    fry12 ·
    • Hide content

Well we were going to have dates that mean something so date we were born/met/moved out etc and so a story etc but I dunno I want something a bit more fun! I came home and told him I'd been thinking about doin something else and showed him this thread and now he is researching tottenham related ideas!!!!!

My dad is avid west ham and OH suggested table numbers with scores tottenham have beaten west ham!!!

What have I started!!!!

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My OH is a massive F1 fan but we are having UK race tracks for our table names. I am going to print the names and the track layouts onto ivory card and then mount it onto burgundy card so it matches our invites.

The top table is Silverstone and we are also having Donnington as its our local track, definately Croft as its based where I am from, Mallory as it is where my OH is from, everything else is undecided but we only have about 7-8 tables so it wont be that difficult.

If I had to pick F1 drivers, Button would be at the top table as he is my backup husband?

• Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

We let our 2 sons choose the names. (they are 3 and 5)

we have shrek, mickey mouse, peter pan, monsters inc, toy story, cars, lion king and wall-e

here is a wee flash

• ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

We are having chilli names OH is chilli mad even put the dame things on his sunday dinner !

• Earthy
    Beginner August 2012
    Earthy ·
    • Hide content

We are having our dogs and cats names. The top table will be both our childhood dogs.

Beginner August 2012
    *will*b*mrs*c* ·
    • Hide content

We're naming ours after loved one's who are no longer with us, with a photo and brief explanation of who they are for ppl who dont kno xx

• Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content

Were having couples from TV programmes and films we love (including Star Wars!) so far we have -

Ron and Hermoine

Han Solo and Princess Leah(sp?)

Penny and Howard (Big Bang Theory)

Carl and Ellie (UP)

Edward and Bella

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I thought about doing to this but I think certain members of my family would find it too sad so we decided against it.

Think we might go with places we have been on holiday together as we are very fortunate to have travelled a lot together.

• smazzy_smoo
    Beginner June 2014
    smazzy_smoo ·
    • Hide content

I originally wanted places in Cyprus, as that is where we went for our first holiday together, and we're going on Honeymoon there. But, since seeing Nursey's report, I now really want something to do with F1 as I'm a big fan! I asked OH about this yesterday though and he just rolled his eyes... Maybe we'll have to go back to my original idea!

• W
    Beginner September 2014
    wifey_to_be2014 ·
    • Hide content

My fiance has irish heritage and I wear a claddagh ring as i adore buffy the vampire slayer and it really helped me get through school which was awful Smiley sad, so was looking at invites for the wedding and found the most gorgeous claddagh invites and i decided to name the tables after buffy episodes, to begin with my fiance didnt like the idea but the more he thought about it and the more stubborn i was about it he agreed, we agreed i wouldnt use any episodes title that have death in them lol ive gone for ones that have something to do with love or happiness and he seems happy with them Smiley laugh and i'm thrilled Smiley laugh

Beginner August 2012
    *will*b*mrs*c* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We feel its a nice way to include every1, my dad lost both his parents when he was young and never speaks about them as its too painful for him, but when i told him what we were doin with the table names his little face lit up and he looked chuffed to bits bless him ?xxx

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awwww, I think it is a lovely idea but my aunty and uncle lost their daughter when she was just 17 and I know my aunt just wouldn't cope with it well, bless her.

So instead they get to see mine and OH gawping at them from the top of the empire state building/on a bus in Lisbon/a beach in Cuba (delete where applicable)!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics