Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

VikingPrincess
Beginner December 2011

Table Plan display - one for Mynnie the Moocher, I guess! :)

VikingPrincess, 9 April, 2011 at 19:02 Posted on Planning 0 16

I have been looking around for ages for an idea of how to display our Table Plan, one that didn't involve antique brass easels and the like, as it wouldn't have gone with our Winter Woodland theme... I even thought about purchasing this 6ft standee from Party Delights to stick the table plan on the sign space:

My dilemma was solved yesterday, when OH and I were coming back from a long walk round the block and the nearby golf course and saw a pile of tree trunk pieces in our next door neighbour's garden. turns out they had to cut down the big palm tree they had in the middle of the garden as last winter's unusually cold temperatures killed it. As we have other "woody" decorations I thought to ask if I could help myselfto some pieces for the wedding decor. Then I saw THE one. Sudden flash of inspiration: I had my Table Plan Stand!

OK, this may not be everyone's cup of tea but here it is (with just a bit of card for now, not the beautiful Table Plan our own HIB Natalie aka Inspire Me Designs is making me):

16 replies

Latest activity by VikingPrincess, 30 June, 2011 at 16:13
  • Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

That is seriously cool, and seriously bargainous!

Well done!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Oops - double post (again!)

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

Ooh,I like that!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

What a brilliant Idea. Love the pine cones, you could print out Pine cone shapes to use as the tables.

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks you, Little Madam! I always pay attention to, and appreciate your compliments - you seem very hard to impress LOL so I truly appreciate it!

We have to sand the base a bit so that it's straignt but i thought it was soooo natural and, like you say, a bargain! What can be cheaper than FREE?? It goes so well with what we are trying to achieve - a look of utter natural woodland, as if you walked into a forest and laid the tables outdoors!

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The Table Plan matches the invites (both made by Natalie from Inspire Me Designs) and has snowflakes...But pine cones are scattered on tables, form part of the centrepieces and also serve as place card holders:

• K
    Beginner October 2011
    karen945 ·
    • Hide content

'Oh wow!' were the words that slipped from my lips when I saw the photo. Enough said?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I love your theme.

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone!

Like I said to Mynnie earlier, I kept having "wedding wobbles" seeing everyone's pics and decor... I started thinking ours was just boring or childish or not wedding-y enough! But we both wanted something that would be as close to nature as possible and we both love Narnia so the two themes mingled.

I hope you will forgive the self-indulging urge, but I feel the need for a huge 34-weeks-to-go flash:

A REAL Bride in MY DRESS: (Not MY actual dress of course) - seems she's got a hoop, but I don't know if I want one, I like it better on the model above, without:

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

That is brilliant!!

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

Pure genius! I would never have thought of anything like that, well done!!!

• Mynnie the Moocher
    Beginner May 2011
    Mynnie the Moocher ·
    • Hide content

OMG wow! The more I see of your wedding, the more green eyed I get!!?

What a find, well done you! That is utterly fabulous and so in keeping with your theme and the look you're aiming for. I love it!

Can't believe I missed this when it was originally posted (actually feel quite bad about it given that you were considerate enough to flash for me), I must have been working or something, sorry. It really is scary amazing what you come across in the depths of google when you've had 6 hours of boredom and only it to keep you occupied! Not even sure what I googled now, either!?

• Kooks
    Beginner September 2011
    Kooks ·
    • Hide content

Love it - and what a bargain! Think the place name cones looks ace too.

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

Your wedding looks like its going to be amazing! Can I come?? Can't wait for the report!

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Your theme is beautiful, everything goes together really well.

I personally would wear a small hoop simply because it will keep the dress off your legs and make it easier to walk. x

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

Hi all and thanks so much for your kind words... this was so long ago that when I saw the notifications in my Inbox that there were comments on this thread today, I completely ignored them initially not realising it was MY OWN thread and wondering why I got the notification as i didn't recall commenting on this thread LOL!!!!

Things are coming together now and I find that the worse our financial situation becomes the more creative I get with things and how I can save money...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics