Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Purple Pixie
Beginner July 2012

Talk to me about honeymoon gift lists

Purple Pixie, 27 September, 2011 at 17:03 Posted on Planning 0 14

We need to get our honeymoon sorted and would really like to have a honeymoon gift list. Everybody we've spoken to thinks it's a good idea so we're going to go with it.

What do I need to consider when looking at different companies?

What companies are there?

Has anybody got any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

PP x

14 replies

Latest activity by ashlil, 29 September, 2011 at 13:59
  • AllyMcBear
    Beginner June 2012
    AllyMcBear ·
    • Hide content

We are not having one as most of it is through different companies but I gave to a friends and they used Trailfinders. It was dead easy and I could give online and leave a message.

I loved it as it meant they got something they wanted and would use and also I didnt need to think of something lol

• Mrs-HFA
    Beginner December 2012
    Mrs-HFA ·
    • Hide content

My friend has just use The Gift of Memories for hers.

It was the first time I'd seen anything like this, and I thought it was a fantastic idea.....

• D
    Beginner February 2012
    Dani1984 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

we booked our honeymoon through kuoni, they have a guest list where it can be set up and each guest if they wish they can make a direct payment off the honeymoon, i have put the gift list no on the information for the day guests information,

• Natalie2011
    Beginner September 2012
    Natalie2011 ·
    • Hide content

Personally id avoid a 3rd party as they HAVE to be making which will either mean an upfront fee for you, a charge to your guest or they take a percentage of your total. If for example the tour operator you booked your honeymoon with offers this, then use it through them, they want you booking and am sure they don't care who pays as long as it's covered. We decided we didn't want presents and anyone who asked we told them ther was no gist lust because if how long we were together. We just let people do what they wanted and most guest put cash in our cards. We had a handful of vouchers, couple of cheques and a couple of phrotframes. I think MOST people nowadays stick money in a card, it's easy for them and let's face it, who doesn't like money? We were very pleased with our gift kitty and it was more than enough for spending money and enough to book a cheap getaway later in the year!

• frecs
    Beginner October 2011
    frecs ·
    • Hide content

We are using Travel Counsellers they have been great so far, wasy to set up ans easy to work (even my 87 year old nan managed to do it online!)

They send you a box with a little card to put in the invites with full details and also thank you cards. You also get an email each time someone contributes so you can get excited!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We booked a Kuoni honeymoon and so used their services. Not a gift list as such but our guests could buy gift cards which they then gave to us. We then sent these off to Kuoni on our return and they sent us a cheque.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

We booked through a company called tropical warehouse who are a sister company to Kuoni, just a bit cheaper.

They have given us a reference number that we can put in the gift list part of our invitations so if people want they can ring the company directly quoting the reference number and pay a certain amount off the honeymoon for us. Then they can leave a message for us which we can see when we log on then we will just pay the outstanding balance.

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your replies.

I'll have a look at Trailfinders, travel counsellors and kuoni. I've been looking into The Bottom Drawer/The Top Drawer. Has anybody every used them?

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we used Buy-our-honeymoon.com

everyone loved the idea!

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ashlil, I've not heard of that one. Was there a lot of choice of holidays?

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Sorry Pixie, we already booked through First choice, but we set up the buy-our-honeymoon.com list for extra's, like Spa treatments, champagne, excursions, special dinners, or just contributions.

you set up for a one off fee and then we created the list of "ideas/Gifts" and then people could then select and we then told them to contact us for payments etc - you can do paypal etc but we wanted some personal involvement

we got some little cards that we put in the invitations so people could go online

https://www.buy-our-honeymoon.com/

I can't access our list anymore as its been and gone unfortunately - but if you have a look they have some example lists

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ashlil, I'll have a peek

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Meant to add - its a one off payment upfront - they dont take any comms on the list or take money from your guests - you do!

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

We used "Daniel and Katherine's Island Paradise"

as the basis for ours... we went to the Maldives with First Choice

I've managed to get into our list if you want to see (I can email the link) if you want

We got about £1500 donated 😃

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics