Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Flowmojo
Beginner

Texting on your wedding day!!

Flowmojo, 31 of October of 2011 at 16:20 Posted on Planning 0 36

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2055503/OMG-Bride-starts-texting-wedding-ceremony-lol.html

what the?!!?

36 replies

Latest activity by KateyP, 2 of November of 2011 at 12:32
  • tizmelou
    Beginner September 2012
    tizmelou ·
    • Hide content

Lol i saw that! My OH would not marry me I think if he saw me with my phone at any time on our wedding day!!!!

Will be so tempted to update my facebook status tho LOL

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

How incredibly sad.

My phone was locked in my room on my wedding day and I didnt use it all day. Texting or going on Facebook was the last thing on my mind.

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Why would you even need your phone on your wedding day? The only people who ever text me will be at my wedding!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

EXACTLY THIS!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I'm a textaholic and even I wouldn't be that bad!

I bet the groom was p'ed off

• vicster
    Beginner December 2011
    vicster ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can imagine getting a few texts in the morning from people who can't make it but from mid-morning on I don't imagine I'll see my phone for 24 hours.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not always the case - we had some people who couldn't come, and wanted a picture so I took a picture with our phone and sent it to our guests at a quiet moment during the official photos.

Our photographer captured it... I had a spot of bother finding a signal in the trees. As long as it doesn't interfere with the smooth running of the important parts of the day, seriously why does it matter?

Me being surgically attached to phone and laptop was mentioned in the best man's speech too.

• mrs toosh
    Beginner December 2011
    mrs toosh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I never txt anyone....i got skype on my phone so might have to send a message to family out in australia to say the deed is done....or might just update our facebook status....seeing as that is where we met it would be rude not to ?

• JoHawes
    Beginner August 2012
    JoHawes ·
    • Hide content

Exactly WSS :o)

• schiocco
    Beginner July 2012
    schiocco ·
    • Hide content

? That's shocking. I purposefully picked a date outside football season otherwise I know my OH would be glued to the SkySports app on his iphone... obviously not in church though. Naughty wedding day behaviour!

• Vee Tee
    Beginner April 2012
    Vee Tee ·
    • Hide content

Yeah i'm with Anniepie, I am normally attached to my phone/facebook/hitched but I won't want to be liek that on the day, it upsets me when my family etc have made comments that I will be on it, I'm like 'give me some credit' its more my sister thats likely to do it anyway!!!

EDIT - no pun intended with give me some credit lol - i'm contract anway haha

• R
    Beginner
    rachb3 ·
    • Hide content

OMW!

• caweena
    Beginner
    caweena ·
    • Hide content

I had a few good luck texts early morning from evening guests and my mum telling me she'd meet us at the hairdressers as she was running late leaving the hotel they stayed in the night before (she was helping my dad use the shower cos it was too complicated for him!) Also had a text from my boss telling me I'd made my mum cry with the card I left for her at breakfast (I work in the hotel she stayed in!)

Ceremony was at 2.30, from about 11am onwards I sent a couple of texts to H making sure his BM knew to come and collect their buttonholes (and found out he was feeling a wee bit nervous bless him) and after midday I never went near it. I chucked into my emergency bag and never saw it - the bag I mean - again until the end of the night.

• NorthumberlandBride
    NorthumberlandBride ·
    • Hide content

I'll have my phone on the day to ul pics to FB and tweet mainly because i have a lot of friends who wont be able to make it and will want to see the dress, the flowers, the church as we go. I'm even thinking about having someone stream some of the day for my friends who cant make it in australia, japan and india.

but i wont be tweeting or texting or facebook updating during the ceremony thats too much!

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

I got lots of lovely messages from people in the morning that I replied to - well, tried to but false nails and my phone at the time didn't mix! As soon as I got to the venue though it was left in the room. I had absolutely no need for it after that.

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

That's awful! My phone will be staying in our room at the hotel. I'll probably look at it in the morning before we leave for the venue, but once we're there, I don't want to be anywhere near it. I'm trying to convince my OH that his phone will be best off in the room too. He's so addicted he doesn't even realise he's looking at it half the time. I'm pretty sure facebook can wait till the day after to be updated.

• MrsJenLarkin
    Beginner January 2012
    MrsJenLarkin ·
    • Hide content

My phone stayed at my parents all day and did I miss it? Did I heck!!!! I was too busy enjoying myself to be texting or faceboook posting!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

In the current age of technology, everyone expects everything instantly which is wrong in my opinion.

Your wedding day happens once, my phone was nowhere near me all day and updating facebook was the furthest thing from my mind.

Those who couldn't make it had to wait until guests had uploaded their photos the next day. It didn't kill them to wait 24 hours.

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

I replied to texts in the morning and posted "The sun is shinning !!" on facebook. When i left the hotel room i left the phone and did not touch it again till the next day. My hubby took a picture of me and posted it on facebook with "my bride" when we were having the wedding breakfast. He never posts anything so it was very unusual,apart from that his phone stayed in his sporran.

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

If people can't make it I definitely won't be updating facebook/twitter/blog etc. People can flipping wait! its about me and D and we will both be turning our phones off in the morning and not turning it on again until the next day. I'm also banning my sisters from texting for a couple of hours because they are normally surgically attached to their phones permanently and it drives me mad.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I will have my phone in the morning just in case a supplier or relative needs me urgently but I will not be having my phone anywhere near me once I am getting ready at the venue.

Anyone who can not make it to the wedding will see pictures after the wedding, I seriously do not believe anyone I know would expect me to send messages or pictures of me, my dress anything wedding related etc on the day ?

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

I did have my phone with me during the day, as my surprise for OH (fireworks) needed a mobile to phone prior to firing. My Mum didn't know how to answer my phone so I just kept it in a little bag under the table.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Oh my goodness - I can't believe it's for real!

I did send one text on my wedding day - everyone was making their way to church but me and Dad who were yet to leave. I'd found this spare buttonhole and couldn't work out why/who for so sent it to church, I then realised it was my Dads so send a group message to everyone I could think of asking them to get it send to the doors of the church. ?.

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Exactly this!

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is so true.

• Duckford20
    Beginner April 2012
    Duckford20 ·
    • Hide content

How sad!

• *libby*
    Beginner June 2011
    *libby* ·
    • Hide content

There were pictures of us on facebook as we got married, people took them at the ceremony and posted them straight up! t annoyed me slightly as i didnt even know untill someone showed me at dinner, one pic was awful and it was the first pic anyone saw, we have family abroad that couldnt make it so would have prefered to post pics myself but i guess thats facebook for you! we did laugh that there is a photo of all of us at some point on our phone, me whilst getting ready calling my bridesmaids, h and dad turning theirs off before the ceremony my daughter playing a game on mine whilst getting ready and prob more. We got ready in different hotels/rooms so needed contact before the wedding but def no during the actual wedding though!

whilst the guests were arriving h did text me a little mesage before he turned his off which i didnt see till i turned my phone pn the next day but wish i got it at the time.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

I think there's a mahoosive difference in texting on the morning of your wedding as there is texting DURING the actual ceremony! That is just so wrong

• quackers
    Beginner August 2013
    quackers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh yes!!

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

I might be a slight exception to this, thinking about it. We're getting married abroad with approx 20 guests and we're having a chilled out celebration in the villa we're staying in. I may well get texts and messages on the day from relatives and friends who couldn't make it and if it occurs to me and it's as chilled as I think it will be then I may well reply when I've had a few proseccos ?

• KateyP
    Beginner February 2010
    KateyP ·
    • Hide content

Superb journalism once again from the DailyFail, is nothing else happening in the world?!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics