Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*JLS*
Beginner July 2012

To Those Who Are Having/Have Had a Piper.....

*JLS*, 19 October, 2011 at 13:06 Posted on Planning 0 9

We have just booked a piper for our wedding next year and he has asked us to have a think about any songs that we would like him to play. I just wondered if any of you lovely Hitchers have had something other than the ordinary tunes that are played??

9 replies

Latest activity by ATB, 21 October, 2011 at 10:13
  • G
    Beginner May 2012
    groomzilla ·
    • Hide content

Am having one but even though am Scottish have not given it any thought yet. Am having the theme from Braveheart playing prior to B2Bs arrival so piper will just be outside as guests arrive.

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

We had Rowan Tree walking back up the aisle but apart from that we didn't ask for anything specific. x

• G
    Beginner May 2012
    groomzilla ·
    • Hide content

Yeah one of the songs is called "The secret wedding" ?

• Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

It not unusual but we having Caledonia to come back up the aisle. Not decided what I'm gona walk up the aisle 2 yet.

x

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

My cousin's piper played Amazing Grace as she walked down the aisle. Was lovely Smiley smile

• cleo231
    Beginner May 2008
    cleo231 ·
    • Hide content

Hi we had Highland Cathedral which always makes me cry every time I hear it. your piper should be able to give you some suggestions - we had a surreal phone call where our piper played his pipes down the phone going through his entire repertoire so we could choose our favourite. I would have loved the braceheart theme but he said it was played on irish pipes which he didn't have. You can always google bag pipe tunes - there are lots on the net. best of luck.

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your help Smiley smile We've got plenty time so will pop along to Google and have a swatch!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

You can't beat Highland Cathedral to bring a tear to the eye!

I love Mull of Kintyre played on the pipes.

I second what the others have said - your piper will be able to suggest things, and look up scottish music on bagpipes on youtube to get an idea too.

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics