Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Savvy September 2022 Tyne & Wear

To veil or not to veil.

Lisa, 3 of August of 2022 at 20:40 Posted on Planning 0 8
I’m having day only reception due to H2B serious illness. My dress I love but it’s not a “traditional “ wedding dress. Should I have a veil too? I’m 62 and married before and it’s only a registrar. A bit OTT? .

8 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 5 of August of 2022 at 12:16
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

You have exactly what you want or feel comfortable with, but the majority of weddings that I shoot that have a veil -- they do not use then in the traditional sense but have them more so because because they feel it creates more of a bridal look but never wear them over the face as is the ultimate tradition.

If you want one and it looks good with your "non traditional" dress then there is no reason why not. Age should not come into it.

Plenty of registrar weddings that I shoot have a veil but I have never seen them used over the face in a registrar setting.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It sounds as if you would like to have a veil, since you mention concerns about your age and the venue, but don't say that you don't actually want one. If you want one, go for it. A veil is never OTT for a bride and your age is irrelevant.

I didn't have one, but it had nothing to do with my age or the venue - I just couldn't stand the thought of having one attached to my head!

• L
    Dedicated September 2023 Derbyshire
    Lizzie ·
    • Hide content

Do you want a veil? If so, the answer is no, it is not OTT. Go for it!

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Its your choice hun but your being silly with the age thing you look amazing in that dress so age shouldn't matter its going to be hard trying to find a veil to match your dress x💗 but go for it x
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    To veil or not to veil. 1

To veil or not to veil. 2
    Found this on etsy its in 2 different colours but thought it would work reall well with your dress x💗 but its not a veil x
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    3 colours sorry x💗
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    Michelle is the Queen of Google! But everyone is right, if you want a veil then have one! I didn’t as my dress was tea length and 1950s style so i didn’t think it was necessary but I was shown some lovely short birdcage style veils and I was going to go for that but decided I didn’t want the fuss with my hair do being an up do. The traditional veil over the face until the groom arrives is pretty old fashioned these days but there are lots of other ways to include a veil on your day if that’s what you want
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks hun x💗

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics