Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

too early to buy wedding dress?

5 of December of 2012 at 09:55 Posted on Planning 0 20

Hello

I am getting married 25th May 2014, and think i have already found the wedding dress i want. Do you think it is too early for me to get it? im scared that i am jumping into buying it and then i may see somethjing i like further down the line. I do love it though....help!! Smiley smile

Sian xx

20 replies

Latest activity by Holey, 29 of October of 2013 at 20:25
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I bought mine 14 months before the wedding but I had no doubt it was the one I wanted. Is it likely to be stocked for a while (i.e. what season is it?)? If it is, there's no harm having a proper look around first but I don't think it's vastly early to be ordering it.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Kharv's right, if it's new season, or will be around for a while, I would maybe take a look around.

It's be awful if you see the 2014 dresses come in stock latter part of next year and you start to have dress wobbles.

What dress is it?

• A
    Beginner March 2014
    Annie86 ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

I'm getting married 21st March 2014 and I bought my dress last month... I had been looking at it online for a couple of months and decided to try it on, as soon as I tried it on I knew it was 'The One' I went back and tried on lots of other dresses to make sure but kept going back to that dress. I was worried that the dress would be discontinued by the time I started to look... also paying for it this year/early next year means that it's another thing ticked off, and I dont have to worry about trying to pay for it on top of everything else next year.

I have around 1 year and 3 months not to cheat on my dress with any other dresses.... Smiley smile

• I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it's too early if you're totally sure about the dress. However, as you don't need to rush, just enjoy having a look round and trying on different dresses first, before you order it!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I'm a March 2014 bride and I bought my dress a couple of months ago. I love my dress though so I know it's the one.

If you love it then go for it!

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

I'm September 2014 and bought my dress in November. When I signed the forms for deposit, the lady said it won't arrive in their shop until August 2013, if I'd have ordered it this time next year I would have had 2 weeks between delivery and the wedding so no time for fittings.

I don't think it's too early if you've found the one. As soon as I bought my dress I stopped looking at any others.

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

I got mine in August so basically 13 months, I havent yet seen a dress to match mine and I am now 9 months away. Ordering it earlier rather than later is always best as it gives extra time for late deliveries and you will have more room to make appointments for fittings.

• Going2theChapel
    Beginner March 2013
    Going2theChapel ·
    • Hide content

I would say it really depends on the circumstances surrounding your purchase. Is it necessary to buy now? Is there a time limit the dress will be available for? Are you positive its the one and have you tried on many more. Id be asking these questions because my wedding has completely changed to how i was planning it 2 years before. In the weeks after our engagment I fell for a BIG dress and was sure it was the dress or similar id be wearing on our wedding day but Forward a year and I commenced on shopping with my mum and by that time id fallen in love with lace and the vintage look and a completely different shape. I know id have been happy if id brought the dress back then but I am so glad i waited to purchase anything as this dress is the one!!

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    maxinegallie ·
    • Hide content

I don't think its too early, I got my dress 2.5 years before my wedding! All I would say is dont spend forever looking at it in the run up, I did for a while and ended up bored of my dress, so had to have a break from it to love it again.

• N
    Beginner August 2013
    Numpty217 ·
    • Hide content

Were getting married October 2014 and I bought my dress october this year. When you know you know .. enjoy the planning xx

• Jen31601
    Beginner March 2013
    Jen31601 ·
    • Hide content

I bought mine in January this year for March next year. Luckily I haven't changed my mind on it Smiley smile

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

That is stunning. I can see why you keep going back to it!

• A
    Beginner
    AndrewThomas ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it's too early if you're totally sure about the dress. But keep looking for another option also. Perhaps you can get better one.

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

Is this one of those suspicious posts that will soon link to a website after dragging up an old post? The 'filed under t-shirt' tag is odd. Think I'm getting the hang of this.

However, apologies if I am wrong!

• Bookish
    Beginner August 2014
    Bookish ·
    • Hide content

The original post is from December so either way I'm sure she's made her mind up by now.

• Bride2Bmarch15
    Beginner March 2015
    Bride2Bmarch15 ·
    • Hide content

No way I'm march 15 n looking now take 16 weeks to order it too

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

The OP is from December 2012 and it's been bumped by the strange post at the top of this page.

Just wanted to let you know so you aren't wasting your time replying to an out of date thread

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics