Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner April 2023 Dumfries Galloway & Ayrshire

Too late to add a bridesmaid?

Katie, 8 of December of 2022 at 17:09 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 3
I get married in April 2023 and ever since getting engaged in 2021 I wondered if I should ask an old colleague to be a bridesmaid. I’m terrible for doubting the strength of relationships and didn’t want to appear too forward so asked my friends of 10+ years.

Since then i’ve felt tension and lack of effort with the bridesmaid I did ask, and asked one to step down from the role. But this other friends been so supportive and I’m even using her veil on the day.
It’s complex though as she’s just had a baby and I don’t want to put too much pressure on her.
Should I ask her or is it too late/too much pressure? Will it cause too much upset from the remaining bridesmaids/the bridesmaid I asked to step down?
Or (like my future husband says) should I stop caring what others think and do what’ll make me happy 😅

3 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 10 of December of 2022 at 21:34
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I Agree with fh on this one do what makes you happy if others aren't they will have to like it or lump it don't let it spoil what you want go with your ♥️ x
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Do what makes you happy! You need people there to make the day as easy and exciting as possible and if that person can add that and something different to the other bridesmaids then go for it! X
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Do what you want. If you're worried about putting pressure on her, then just talk to her and make it clear that you are offering this as a mark of your friendship and that you won't be upset if she doesn't want to do it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics