Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Valeria
Beginner July 2022 Oxfordshire

Transport between venues

Valeria, 24 of March of 2022 at 12:29 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hello everyone!

I'm getting married in July in Oxford (city, not 'shire!) and I was wondering if any of you had a recommendation for how to move around between the two venues? they're literally just 15 to 20' apart by walking, but I'd rather get some sort of transport just to get a bit of 'relax time'. I had a look at proper vintage cars but the price is not very friendly with my budget sadly (cheapest I could find is £450 or so and I don't think I can stretch to that).

Has any of you had to plan something similar? I'm tempted to just get a taxi but that would be weird enough probably!

6 replies

Latest activity by I Do, 27 of March of 2022 at 14:31
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

We are driving ourself as we could not justify the cost of a car for a short journey. I honestly think it is ok to get a taxi, maybe look at booking an executve car so you have something nicer?

• J
    Curious August 2022 Gloucestershire
    Jacqui ·
    • Hide content
    Hi
    I didn't want to spend so much money on transport so we have found family members that have really nice cars and we are decorating them for us to go in Smiley smile
  • Hannah
    Dedicated September 2023 South West London
    Hannah ·
    • Hide content

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for your message. I would definitely recommend taking a look at the cars and travel option in our suppliers section for Oxfordshire. I would say to message them and explain your situation as they may be able to cater towards your budget for a smaller journey- it's worth a try!

Take a look here for the options within your area

I hope that helps!

Hannah x

• T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    My family’s from Oxfordshire and my brother got married in the city. Ceremony and evening reception were in the town hall and the meal was at the Vault and Gardens (near Radcliffe Camera). We just walked between the two. It was a windy March day but it was really enjoyable!! Everyone was really happy and it made an enjoyable experience! The only person who had a little trouble was a Scottish friend who came in his kilt and kept getting stopped by tourists for pictures!! Hehe.
  • K
    Dedicated April 2022 Dumfries Galloway & Ayrshire
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    I live very near Oxford city centre and quite often see Brides walking from one place to another! Lovely if the weather is good. Failing that 001 cars are brilliant x
  • I Do
    Curious September 2022 Buckinghamshire
    I Do ·
    • Hide content
    I'm from Oxford and agree that it is probably easier to walk between venues - however, you could look into whether there are any tuk tuk style carts around?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics