Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner April 2023 Hampshire

Travel and venues

Mary-Anne, 27 of May of 2022 at 09:54 Posted on Planning 0 8
Hello!
I don't know what to do! I have friends and family scattered around the world and many have young families. I don't know who would be able to come to my wedding especially with travel restrictions still in place in some areas. It's difficult to know how plan a venue when you don't know numbers. Any advice?

8 replies

Latest activity by Ali, 5 of July of 2023 at 20:34
  • B
    Savvy April 2023 West Yorkshire
    Becky ·
    • Hide content
    I'd suggest talking to each family groups individually to gauge whether they could realistically come. I. E we'd love for you to come but because of everyone being spread out we need to know if you would realistically come here around X date. Don't worry if you say you can't we totally understand we just need to get rough numbers for venue booking.
    Just explain the situation and give people time to mull it over then you have an educated guess as to the amount of people going. Before booking you could also say you are about to book and their fate will be sealed after this date so to speak.
    You could also book a venue with a bit more capacity for your estimated guest list to have some wiggle room for mind changers ectIf all that makes sense? Hope it helps😊
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Totaly agree with Becky its best speaking to your friends and family to see who would be willing to travel i think you sorting it straigth away gives them time to plan the stuff they need to sort x💗 but i think once you mention wedding you might get a shock and might all be able to make it good luck with your planning x💗
  • A
    Dedicated July 2022 Co Londonderry
    Ali312 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to be the devil's advocate here and say just book a date that's convenient for you and if people can come they'll come- just give them plenty of time to make arrangements (I'd say a year). The other option of course, is to wait until there are no restrictions, however if people are scattered all over it's unlikely to be soon.

Of course if there are key people you want to be there do talk to them. However if you talk to too many people you might find some people might complain (there are always some) or not be able to tell you whether they're coming or not regardless. Just my thoughts Smiley smile

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Should have said still book when you want xx 💗
  • L
    Dedicated September 2023 Derbyshire
    Lizzie ·
    • Hide content
    Just be wary of minimum numbers for your venue. We booked on a very rough guess and are now wondering if we're going to even make the minimum numbers. I'm sure we will, but try to get some actual rough numbers in place beforehand is my best advice, rather than go on a guesstimate.
  • R
    Beginner October 2022 Monmouthshire
    RishiSingleton ·
    • Hide content

I think you can invite only the closest people to your wedding. After the symbolic celebration, go on a trip with your husband and celebrate just the two of you. You can arrange a trip to the sights of Paris. I think it would be a great way to celebrate your wedding day. There are so many beautiful tourist sites in Paris that represent the culture of the country. I recommend you visit the Opéra Garnier. Also, the Jardin des Tuileries is a popular and very beautiful place to visit in Paris, as the garden is on the way from the Louvre to the Champs-Elysées and the Arc de Triomphe. There you can take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy nature. The Musée d'Orsay is also in my top 3 places to visit. Don't forget to book your hotel in advance. There are many good options at simply-france.com .

• C
    Beginner March 2024 Cornwall
    Claire ·
    • Hide content

Planning a wedding during these uncertain times can indeed present some challenges, but there are a few strategies you can consider. Firstly, communication is key. Reach out to your friends and family members to gauge their interest and willingness to attend, given the travel restrictions. This will provide you with a better understanding of who might be able to make it to your wedding.

Secondly, consider implementing flexible arrangements. Opt for venues that offer flexible cancellation or rescheduling policies in case circumstances change. This way, you can adapt to any last-minute changes or guest cancellations.

Moreover, you could explore the option of hosting a hybrid wedding, combining in-person and virtual elements. This way, you can include those who are unable to travel physically by providing a live stream of the ceremony or setting up video calls during specific moments of the celebration.

Lastly, keep an open mind and be prepared for different scenarios. Consider having a range of guest estimates when communicating with venues, and discuss contingency plans with your wedding planner or coordinator.

I hope these suggestions help you navigate through the uncertainties and plan a memorable wedding day!

• Ali
    Beginner December 2024 Cheshire
    Ali ·
    • Hide content

Indeed, planning a wedding amidst travel restrictions can be challenging, but it's an opportunity to explore unique alternatives. If you're seeking a memorable experience, have you considered yacht rental in Greece ? The Greek islands offer breathtaking scenery and an idyllic setting for a romantic celebration. Renting a yacht allows you to enjoy the beauty of the islands, anchor at stunning beaches, and create unforgettable memories with your loved ones.

Greece has a wide range of yacht rental options, from luxurious vessels to more budget-friendly choices. You can tailor the experience to suit your preferences, whether you prefer a relaxing cruise or an adventurous journey across the islands.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics