Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ewestwood
Beginner October 2013

Tuxedo / evening suit advice please :)

ewestwood, 7 April, 2013 at 14:06

Posted on Planning 37

Hi Guys! We are not going for the traditional wedding suit, and instead opting for tuxedos for groom and all guests. Were based in Staffordshire, does anyone know anyone they can reccomend for tuxedo hire please? Many thanks!

Hi Guys!

We are not going for the traditional wedding suit, and instead opting for tuxedos for groom and all guests.

Were based in Staffordshire, does anyone know anyone they can reccomend for tuxedo hire please?

Many thanks!

37 replies

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Tuxedo is an American term; the British term is dinner jacket/suit. I think there can be very small subtle differences but essentially they are interchangeable. But if I'm going to make a ranty post about the correct way of doing things in Britain, I'd be silly to call it a tux!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

AC, such poise, such diplomacy!

OP, far too often are comments here mistakenly construed as judgemental or mean or rude or bitchy or whatever (I would never deny that they can be confrontational, but I think confrontation is a good thing). You presumably realise that you are placing, as AC called it, a 'very powerful' obligation on your guests. That's going to generate discussion.

Discussion is good Smiley smile

So, do you feel that you prefer mismatched black trousers/jacket to a beautifully-made regular suit? Smiley smile

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

No-one is being bitchy, promise. On Hitched you get people's opinions which means you will get people telling you what they think, or suggesting other ideas. It's different from other wedding forums where you'll get a 'that looks great hun xxx' to everything you post. On Hitched people will tell you like it is, it's not a bad thing and it doesn't mean that people are being rude. But what it can do is make you think or sometimes bring you back down to earth a bit. Similarly if something is great or you look fab, we'll tell you that too.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Dolce Gabbana

Tom Ford

Gucci

Sorry did someone mention something about mixed matched tuxedo jackets and trousers? (I'll pretend it wasn't you footlong)

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I think we'll all agree that mix and match by Gucci is very different to mix and Matalan.

Note before someone pitches a fit: the above is a flippant comment about the wisdom of trying to pick up a black jacket to match an already extant pair of trousers, which is never going to work (in my cabbage).

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

See Funky, as a real proper traditionalist, I think all those blinged up suits look, well, a bit CHEAP!!

(Have you got one of these?)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics