Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner November 2022 South Yorkshire

Undecided about dress

Hill, 1 of January of 2022 at 12:20 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 13
Hi everyone , I get married November this year and I’m still undecided about dress . Looking for advice and opinions , both dresses are ivory but the pink shows blush pink , I do like the cowl neck but concerned when first dance I feel it may restrict me and I’ll end up looking like a turtle ! Undecided about dress 1
Undecided about dress 2

Undecided about dress 3

13 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 25 of January of 2022 at 13:27
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Personally I prefer the 2nd one. First one looks a bit older if that makes sense and the neck line could be annoying.
  • H
    Hill ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Charlotte
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    I agree, the second one is stunning where as the first is still nice, but not as nice. Good luck
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    The second looks amazing and its more a wedding colour good luck x💗
  • Victoria
    Curious April 2022 North Yorkshire
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    Have you tried any on? I don’t think you’ll know until you’ve put them on as wedding dresses are so different to anything else you ever wear normally.
    My only concern (which the sales lady in one of the shops I visited pointed out to me) is that sometimes sleeves can be restricting when dancing, but that would depend on how they’re sewn on! But again you won’t know until you try (and make sure you lift your arms up to check)

Good luck xx
  • N
    Dedicated May 2022 Somerset
    Nathalie ·
    • Hide content
    I would disagree with others and say I prefer the first one, but that’s why you should try them on and go by how you feel in them. It’s your day, and you should wear what makes you feel your best and not worry about what guests etc think/expect. Try moving in different ways in them to see how they feel, and think about the practicalities as well as how it looks (eg, how easily can you pee?). If you try on both and give yourself time to think you might find that one keeps coming back to you more than the other
  • S
    Beginner June 2023 West Midlands
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Hi there, I defo prefer the second. Timeless and a beautiful shape with the delicate detail : )
  • Jess
    Dedicated October 2022 Worcestershire
    Jess ·
    • Hide content
    If you haven’t already, I would definitely try and go to try it on and have a move around in it. I’m sure someone who goes with you will even have a dance with you! If you can’t find that dress locally to try on you’d be just as well to try a similar neckline or something off the shoulder to see how you feel. I’ve tried on a few different off the shoulder options and all of the shop consultants have pointed out that the dress will be fitted to you and the ‘sleeves’ could be made as loose or tight as you want.
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    This might sound silly but could you take someone with you to try them both on and have a little dance around in the shop? If you’re worry is moving in the dress having a practice might help - otherwise I’d say go with the one you keep finding yourself staring at! ♥️
  • Amber
    Savvy November 2022 West Yorkshire
    Amber ·
    • Hide content
    Have you tried them both on? May be worth it to get a feel for them. Looks wise I prefer the second one although they’re both beautiful
  • H
    Hill ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you all for your replies , I went back today to try both on … I’ve decided … on this ! Just needs alterations xx Undecided about dress 4
    Undecided about dress 5

Undecided about dress 6

• Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love it! Looks amazing - great choice 👰🏻‍♀️
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content