Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

NikiST
Beginner July 2011

Underwear?!?! Help! Flash me please?!

NikiST, 28 of March of 2011 at 23:13 Posted on Planning 1 38

I don't know what to do about underwear... what is everyone else wearing underneath? I don't really want to layer up and wear a full on basque.. is a nice bra and panties enough? Is that what everyone else is doing. To be honest, H2B would be very happy with some matching stuff as i always wear odd underwear so it'd be a refreshing change ? but I do want it to be special as well.. should I bother with a basque or something a bit sexier than a bra and pants? Where is everyone getting their underwear from? Can anyone give me a cheeky flash? ?

38 replies

Latest activity by sarahb3426, 30 of March of 2011 at 15:04
  • Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Hi! I posted a similar thread yesterday (titled KNICKERS!!). I was thinking about wearing a full on basque because I need as much support as possible, being a big bosom-ed wenchy type, but I hate strapless bras. The others advised me that I'd probably be too hot and uncomfortable with a basque and a heavy dress on if it's a hot day so instead I'm looking for either an amazing strapless bra or one with clear straps (my dress has straps).

Undies-wise, I really really want some frilly French knickers ?

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

ALTHOUGH... someone mentioned the new Wonderbra yesterday and I've just googled it. Looks pretty promising!

http://www.ultimatestrapless.co.uk/wonderbra-test

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

I'm wearing a corset, so don't need a bra, but I've bought these:

Just for a giggle!

IMHO bridal lingeries is overrated, just go with something comfortable.

• SoontobeMrsB
    Beginner October 2011
    SoontobeMrsB ·
    • Hide content

I've never found a strapless bra that is comfortable and stays up ... until I ordererd the new Wonderbra. I can honestly recommend it. Having read the reviews though, I ordered a couple of different sizes. Kept the one that's 1 size smaller than the back size and normal cup size. The first day I cwore it, I changed bed linen, ran around with my little boy all day & it didn't slip once. Was a bit tight by the end of the day but by the second time I wore it, it was fine. It's currently on sale at Debenhams (no, I'm not on commission unfortunately ?). Will probably order a new one for the wedding though as I can see I'll have worn it throughout the summer! Only thing is I haven't found any matching knickers yet ☹️

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love these! Where are they from? I thought about getting something similar.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I'm considering going bra-less and have brought the knickers JudeClark flashed but in just red from Fairy goth mother. They are awesomely comfy, but quite big in that they cover quite a bit- I could wear them as Hen night hot pants. I thought big pants may be an idea as I will be getting ready with lots of people.

I then have something ultra-sexy for once my dress is off (or more realistically on HM) and have already started buying lots of nice undies for honeymoon too.

• MrsSC-to-be
    Beginner October 2011
    MrsSC-to-be ·
    • Hide content

I did buy a basque but have decided I will be too uncomfortable so I have now gone for a very plain and simple all-in-one - can be worn strapless or with straps. My dress has chiffon straps so I could get away with clear ones if needed or I have also got some ones made of 'pearls' which could look quite nice through the chiffon - not made my mind up yet though!

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

Someone suggested to me that I change into something sexier on the night.. but to be honest.. I'm just going to want to take my dress off and land somewhere in or near the bed...

I am seriously considering that new ultimate strapless wonderbra too. Does it give you a killer cleavage too? I have a sweetheart strapless dress and I need some help with padding and pushing up, etc. I think I might find a stockist and try it on...

As for knickers.. not sure yet.. may just need to have a hunt about for something that matches the bra. Thing is.. with the bra.. it comes in black and nude. The black one is the nicest but I don't think it'd be safe under a white/ivory dress. Should i just go for the nude one? Think I might just buy a sexy satin short robe and slip EVERYTHING off, and slip robe ON. Rather than faffing about matching underwear. I have a feeling that H2B may be expecting something exciting under my dress though.... ?

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It was a fancy dress site on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120675035188

But they fit the whole burlesque theme for my outfit - and they're fun!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

My H2b is expecting something awesome as I love underwear, but I'll make it up to him on honeymoon ?

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It was h2b that picked out the sexy basque for me to wear. Quite frankly he can naff off if he thinks I'm going to squeeze into something like that under a heavy dress on a hot day! If he wants sexy lingerie, HE can wear it!

Also... my dress isn't the easiest thing to get into and out of. I'm going to need h2b to undo some of the 50-odd buttons on the back before I can escape it. Not very sexy anyway!

• K
    Beginner October 2011
    karen945 ·
    • Hide content

Being well endowed I think I'm treating myself to some Fauve underwear. I'm lucky because my dress has straps and the back is high enough to cover the bra back. as for knickers I'm hoping for a pair of low rise shorts that are comfortable as well as pretty.

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

I dont need a bra as dress is corseted and ive gone for comfort all the way with regard to my knicks....dont do frilly.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I have to be immensely boring here. I can't wear a bra as my dress has too low a back and I need ultra-no-VPL knickers, so my lingerie shop will start and end at M&S practicality.

But will change into something good for the night. I am obsessed with lingerie so my boy will be expecting something rather more exciting than Sloggis Smiley smile

• K
    Beginner October 2011
    karen945 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

lovely knickers Vikster79. Where are they from?

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

Being a bit top heavy myself, I have to wear a full support bra, the dress I have picked is strapless but I am having straps added to the dress so that I can wear a fully supportive bra on the day without having to mess around pulling up my dress, my dress has a corset type thing in it so am thinking along the lines of a nice set of bra and knickers.....don;t know where to buy from yet though!

• K
    Beginner October 2011
    karen945 ·
    • Hide content

To Sarahb, have a look at Leia lingerie shops online. They stock all sorts of pretty large cup sizes. Fauve is a pretty range by Fantasie bras. They are a bit more expensive but areright for a wedding. Bravissimo have a great online service and have shops all around the country. Hope this helps you on your quest.?

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Many thanks Karen ?

Will have a quick peep online now. I do normally get my underwear from Bravissimo, although I normally have to go into the shops rather than ordering on line as even these shops struggle to fit me properly ☹️

Off i go to goggle.......

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They are from Debenhams.

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

Well... I went to Debenhams and tried on the new Ultimate Strapless Wonderbra! It did absolutely nothing for me.. but then I am only a 32D.. so I didn't have much to hold up and it doesn't have a cleavage boosting effect (and I really need all the help i can get!). I need something strapless that can also give me a nice cleavage boost. There honestly isn't an awful lot out there and there was virtually nothing in my size for me to try on, so I'm at a bit of a loss really. I don't want to spend an outrageous amount either so thought I might just get a nice strapless push-up bra and pants set. I saw one set in Debehams but they didn't have my size in stock and they also don't have my size in stock online!!! ? It this one..

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

I am having this bra and knickers..unless i find something nicer.

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

I'm in a similar situation with not knowing what type of underwear to buy.

My dress is a corseted low back, the lady at the Bridal shop said that she recommends that I not wear a bra as it will support me enough. I had however envisaged wearing a nice set for my wedding day but at the same time I don't want to be pulling my bra and dress up all the time!

So ideally if i don't wear a bra i want some lovely knickers.

Would it be better to wait until my fitting when the dress comes in to see if i really do need a bra and then buy one if i need to? Not sure! ?

Also sorry to hijack this thread! How many are wearing the whole stockings and suspenders? I am a 6ft bride and find it difficult getting stockings long enough! Plus i'm hoping it will be hot on the day (Summer) and don't want to be all hot and flustered, thinking about not bothering?!

• Samantha2704
    Beginner July 2011
    Samantha2704 ·
    • Hide content

I'm thinking about going for something like this:

Not sure on knickers yet....will be french style tho!
    x

• M and M
    Rockstar August 2025 West Midlands
    M and M ·
    • Hide content

Ive got the new wonderbra as above in samantha pictures! It is so comfortable and does a great job!! I got the matching bottoms too but had to get them online as didnt stock in debenhams! x

• L
    Beginner April 2011
    loopyjennie ·
    • Hide content

Im wearing this bar & knickers

https://www.figleaves.com/uk/

https://www.figleaves.com/uk/

although think i might have to change the knickers as the shop have said to get some seamless ones??? anyone know where i might find some?? failing that am gona get a shapewear thingy

• O
    Beginner October 2011
    oldgal ·
    • Hide content

My dress is satin, slinky and unforgiving ! It is also low ! So I have got an ultimo backless body ! I tried it with the sample which was a 14 whereas I am a 10 ( would like to be an 8 again by then ! ) It splits my difference a tad though lol If it shows under the size 10 I am doomed !

• kerrylou89
    Beginner August 2011
    kerrylou89 ·
    • Hide content

I have to admit im in abit of a fluster as to what type of underwear to get, when i took my dress in the lady said i didnt really need a bra as the dress would support me enough but i didnt feel comfortable not wearing one, so ive looked all around and really struggling, that new wonderbra looks good tho but i really struggle with sizes so might just order a few and see, then just to find some nice looking french nickers to match Smiley smile just hope it isnt toooo hot a day (still want sunshine tho so not jinxing it) haha as i dont want to feel too uncomfortable x

• tinkerbelly1983
    Beginner October 2011
    tinkerbelly1983 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wanted this bra but can only find thong bottoms and not full knickers ☹️ I don't do thongs!

• MrsPenguin
    Beginner September 2011
    MrsPenguin ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I tend to spend a small fortune on underwear, La Perla all the way! However, whilst doing a food shop i spotted THE perfect pair of seamless Ivory knickers in Sainsburys, No VPL at all, so so comfy, really pretty too, and I have a very slim fitted dress and these can't be seen at all, and even better, they were about £8 - might have even been on offer. RESULT!

• tinkerbelly1983
    Beginner October 2011
    tinkerbelly1983 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just ordered these as backup just incase I can get away with no bra (fingers & toes crossed!) They look very comfy!

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

I have bought some blinging bloomers with my married written name on the bum! My dress has a built in bra so I have plenty of support. I have stockings and a suspender belt but still not sure whether I'll wear them as I am such a fidget and never feel comfortable in things like that! I think you should wear what makes you fell comfortable. Quite a lot of my friends wore spanx for their big day but I also find them very uncomfortable so made sure I found a dress that disguised any lumps and bumps!

• LeeLee :)
    Beginner
    LeeLee :) ·
    • Hide content

I have my eyes on these or something very similar, these are ivory and blue which goes nicely with my garter. I'm also thinking of something like this for an alternative to tights/stockings (garter belt with tights) so no lumpy bumpy clips underneath the dress all smooth but I'm not sure as they only come in white or black and my dress is ivory but then I guess you don't see them, unless you have the naughty shots of the raised dress to show the garter off haha ? I'd only wear something like these to stop my feet from rubbing, but I'm undecided at the mo.

Hopefully braless for me, I'm a busty wench too (hey Sammy lawl), I'm a G cup so really hoping the dress holds them in but I was told the seamstress can add cups to make it more comfortable.

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Therapy+Lace+overlay+hipster/147750493,default,pd.html?cgid=31512

http://www.simplyyours.co.uk/shop/product/details/show.action?pdLpUid=HQ061&pdBoUid=3207&lpgUid=11102091#colour:1,size:

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics