Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner March 2023 North Yorkshire

Used and damaged wedding dresses

Laura, 1 of May of 2022 at 04:37 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 8
Does anyone know if there is anywhere to buy used and or damaged wedding dresses? I need a dress for the night but would be making alterations that mean the original dress only has to have the general structure intact. Hoping to keep cost down as much as possible!

8 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 2 of May of 2022 at 16:16
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated September 2023 Lincolnshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    You could try looking on still white.com for a used dress. Not sure what the prices are like but you might be able to pick up a bargain! 🤍
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    What size do u need? I have a size 12 one unused in the loft, bought from China and they said was cheaper to keep it than return. I think I was out of pocket £150 so would accept £100 and postage for it if ur interested?
  • L
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Will need a size 20 sadly. Otherwise I would trail charity shops for old puff sleeve dresses since they tend to me cheap!
  • L
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    The entire wedding budget is cheap as humanly possible. I am looking for a size 20, A line or mermaid as I want it snug to my hips, ideally under £50 which is why I am looking for damaged ones that can't normally be sold.
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    OK, I typed into Google 'old cheap wedding dresses size 20' I got a few from ever pretty which were under £60 (not sure on quality never ordered from there) and then there were some on ebay as well? I'm confident u can find some by trawling through it a bit. Good luck
  • Haz
    Dedicated September 2022 Staffordshire
    Haz ·
    • Hide content
    Oxfam have a wedding dress section on their website, which might be worth keeping an eye on. Their prices are very reasonable. Bear in mind that if you are a street size 20 then you might need a 22 or 24 depending on the designer.
  • L
    Dedicated October 2022 Surrey
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    We have a few charity shops near us that have specific wedding departments, might be worth seeing if there is anything like that near you.
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    If only you had been on here a few months earlier i just got rid mine was a size twenty as well only broke on the zip and a little rip but wasnt in the mood for fixing so got a new one xx hope you can find one x💗

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics