Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsBeckiW
Beginner May 2014

Vegas > Los Angeles/San Fran > Hawaii Honeymoon

MrsBeckiW, 22 of August of 2013 at 11:34 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 8

We are planning to do the popular honeymoon trip of Vegas to either Los Angeles or San Francisco and then onto Hawaii.

I was wondering if anyone here has done this and who they booked with?

It would be great to know roughly how much you paid to but I understand if you don't want to say Smiley smile

And hints and tips would be great, thanks!

8 replies

Latest activity by Chippet, 29 of September of 2013 at 12:12
  • NorthSouthGirl
    Beginner November 2014
    NorthSouthGirl ·
    • Hide content

Hi MrsBeckiW

We are planning on Vegas, San Fran, Yosemite and Vancouver/Rockies so if you find anything out it would be good to know if you don't mind of course!

• T
    Savvy July 2015
    Tishab90 ·
    • Hide content

This is kinda what me and OH want to do for ours but again have no idea on the cost!

We looked at hawaii for 2 weeks and it was like 5 grand for both of us.

HAve you had an ideas how much you will need to save?

• MrsBeckiW
    Beginner May 2014
    MrsBeckiW ·
    • Hide content

We got our quotes this weekend and for 4 nights in Vegas, 3 in San Fran, Car hire to LA, 3 nights in LA, 1 week in Hawaii and all flights we were looking at between 5 & 6000.

That's staying at pretty standard hotels.

I'm not sure whether to reign it back a little, maybe miss out LA & San Fran, and go for nice hotels. I know 'all you do is sleep in the hotel' but I always imagined living the life on luxury on my honeymoon!

• NorthSouthGirl
    Beginner November 2014
    NorthSouthGirl ·
    • Hide content

Ouch!!!

Although i know what you mean about living the life of luxury on your honeymoon.... i think the same lol!

What time of year are you going, i'm hoping ours would be a little cheaper as we would be doing ours in winter lol!

• MrsBeckiW
    Beginner May 2014
    MrsBeckiW ·
    • Hide content

We are going in May.

I'm not sure if vegas gets much cheaper around winter because it's much more bearable to go there in winter than in summer.

I've read you have to make sure you are avoiding big events. I'm not sure when these are though so i'm not much help!

• G
    Beginner August 2015
    Grand_canyon ·
    • Hide content

Oo this is nearly the same honeymoon we want to do and I'm having issues with the cost versus the luxury thing as well. We were thinking fly into San Fran. Then fly to hawaii. Do the hawiaan cruise for a week to see all islands and then spend a few days at a hotel on Waikiki beach before flying back to San Fran and home. Maybe throw LA in there as well! We got engaged in Vegas so if you want to ask any questions about that I can try and answer.

I think my problem is that all this will cost nearly 5 grand for us. I don't mind about the budget. We have that to spend. It's just the fact that 5 grand still doesn't get my luxury. Still be flying economy. Staying in an inside cabin on the cruise. Having normal hotels. Not that there is anything wrong ŵith this but I always envisaged spending my honeymoon sitting in a hot tub on my balcony living the life of Riley!

I have 2 years to find a bargain but I don't think it's going to happen. From research there appears to be no major luxury resorts in hawaii. A few have private beach access but none do little huts with hot tub type things that you can get elsewhere.

I just need to decide wether it's luxury or location that I prefer. Tough decision!

• M
    Beginner June 2014
    Morainelake ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We looked at doing this as well but like you our quotes were coming back at £5k and that is just basic hotels!

We are now looking at Route 66 with Las Vegas, LA and San Fran at the end as we can see more for our money!

I think we will try and do Hawaii another time as with the flight over there as well it takes up a day and we really want to explore the Islands when we do go not just be stuck to one which is what our quotes have been for!

I have toured the Rockies before (OH and I got engaged whilst doing it!) if anyone wants any advice!

xx

• Blueshoes888
    Beginner October 2014
    Blueshoes888 ·
    • Hide content

Trail Finders are a god send, they sorted our flights (we did NYC, Vegas, Hawaii) for just under £2600 last year we then booked our own accommodation it worked out much cheaper than going with the likes of Thomas Cook Smiley smile

edit: that included over £800 taxes x

• Chippet
    Beginner January 2014
    Chippet ·
    • Hide content

We're doing San Fran, driving down the coast via Big Sur and Santa Barbara and then onto Vegas and we're paying just under 3800k, but that does include 2 nights at quite a luxury 'ranch' in Big Sur. If that helps? That price also includes car hire.

We looked a Hawaii, but was costing waaaay too much and I was shocked at just how far the flight is from West Coast US.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics