Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner July 2012

Vegetarian wedding breakfast ideas?

Wherts2b, 19 of October of 2011 at 16:26

Posted on Planning 159

A lot of our guests are vegetarian (myself included) and Im looking for some inspiration for menu ideas! Our venue doesn't have a lot to offer and is open to suggestion

A lot of our guests are vegetarian (myself included) and Im looking for some inspiration for menu ideas! Our venue doesn't have a lot to offer and is open to suggestion

159 replies

• Sparkles82
    Beginner April 2013
    Sparkles82 ·
    • Hide content

I am just thinking back to the last few weddings I have been too..... and even though B&G were both meat-eaters, the starters were pea & mint risotto, tomato & Basil soup and melon......................

So, I wouldnt even bat an eyelid at having a veggie starter, infact based on my experience, it is quite normal.

• K
    Beginner May 2012
    KumariChang ·
    • Hide content

It depends what kind of food you like and whether you want to keep it simple or go more elaborate. It's good to think of the kind of foods you like to eat when you dine out or that you like to have on special occassions, it doesn't have to be anything really complicated. And just a little note, if you have them use pesto make sure they use vegetarian because pesto usually isn't vegetarian as it contains parmesan which nearly never veggie friendly!

• avintagebride
    Beginner March 2012
    avintagebride ·
    • Hide content

Wowsers!

Well this has entertained me on a dull Sunday morning......

I'm having a veggie starter, pure coincidence, and this has often been the case with the majority of weddings I've been to.

Soup, a salad, the last one was a plate of a variety of roasted vegetables and was very tasty.

I'm a meat lover, and would very rarely choose a veggie option in a restaurant. I'd always make sure the tastes and dietary requirements of my guests were catered for - I think that's a basic rule of hospitality when one is hosting dinner be it your wedding or a dinner party.

• tizmelou
    Beginner September 2012
    tizmelou ·
    • Hide content

A fab veggy dish I like is Gigantes, its a butterbean stew. We're having a hot buffet which we can design with the chef so I may well ask for this to be included - it goes well as a side with lamb too.

• Annah304
    Beginner April 2011
    Annah304 ·
    • Hide content

My hubby is vegetarian (on grounds of sustainability - so he does eat certain fish as well). We were lucky enough to be able to offer lots of options for our menu as we had our reception in a restaurant. We stuck to offering a meat, fish and veggie option throughout for starters and mains. Our starters and mains were offered as follows:

Starters:
    Carpaccio of peppered beef fillet with rocket, parmesan, croutons and truffle oil
    Crispy crab cakes, pea puree and parsley sauce
    Crispy fried mozzarella, tomato compote, rocket and balsamic dressing

Main:
    Fillet of beef with dauphinoise potatoes, sautéed spinach and wild mushroom sauce
    Seared sea bass with crushed potatoes, greens and a herb butter sauce
    Baked mushroom stuffed aubergine, garlic crumb, crushed potatoes and herb sauce

I have to say I didn't try the veggie main but we had good feedback from the veggies around the room and it was chosen as something my husband would enjoy as well ?

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

I used to know a very serious vegetarian who insisted that all her pots were only used for non meat cooking. A stayover guest used a pan of hers to cook meat and she then threw the pan away as she couldn't bear to cook anything else in it.

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me 10 years ago!

Alot more chilled now ..kinda...

• J
    jhndavid ·
    • Hide content

Once you have decided to go vegetarian, you need a chef or caterer who is an expert at meeting those dietary needs. It is all the better if you can find someone who specializes in vegetarian or alterative cuisine, but in some parts of America that may be extremely difficult to find and when you do find them they might be overbooked or way to pricey to fit in with your budget.

• C
    Beginner May 2025 North Carolina
    Chelsea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Having been a vegetarian for 17 years, and meat eater for 14, I would counter that vegetarians deal with this pretty much constantly in their lives, while meat eaters hardly ever experience not having a decent meal option because the world is designed for them. Let the carnivores deal for one meal.
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Why have you resurrected a 12 year old discussion to drag me back here for nothing?

Surprised this place is still going, tbh.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics