Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ostira
Dedicated October 2023 Durham

Veil or no veil?

Ostira, 12 of May of 2022 at 12:29 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 16
Me and my fiancé are getting married next year, we’re eloping to Gretna Green and won’t be having ‘guests’ but I still want my white wedding dress! I’d originally decided I wasn’t going to have a veil with it not being a big wedding but now I’m on the fence. I’ve attached a photo below of the hairstyle I’ll most likely go for but I’d originally planned on a pearl headband but now, thinking a lace veil would be so nice. Thoughts? Do veils have to be for bigger weddings? :/
Veil or no veil? 1

16 replies

Latest activity by Ostira, 23 of May of 2022 at 21:41
  • A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

The best piece of advice I can give you is try one on! I initially thought "of course I'll wear a veil" but tried one on and felt really uncomfortable in it - just didn't feel like me and I didn't like how it covered my dress etc. I'm now planning on some kind of gold headband instead because I know I like myself in a headband. There's no rule about how big a wedding you need to have to justify a veil - it's all about whether it makes you feel special Smiley smile

• Ajx
    Dedicated April 2024 West Yorkshire
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content

It's your day! Whether you've got no guests or 300 guests, if you want to wear a veil then you wear one! Try one on, see what you think/how you feel and go for what you think is going to make you happy x

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

You can have a veil for any size of wedding. If you think you might like one, try one on and see how you feel. I knew 100% I would hate one, so didn't even bother trying!

• Ostira
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I thought it might have looked silly having a veil for such a small do but you’ve really helped, I will try one on! Smiley smile
  • A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're so welcome, glad to have helped! Smiley smile

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I would say what ever you want go for it you dont need a big wedding with guests to dress like a bride. X im not havong guests just my kids got the dress but not doing a veil x love the hair style try some on see how you feel x💗
  • Ostira
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! I don’t want my hair fully up because I’m not keen on the frame of my face ( an insecurity of mine!) so I feel like half up, half down would be a good compromise x
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The style you have chosen is really nice but its upto you xx💗 can i ask what did you family say about you doing this cx💗
  • Ostira
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I don’t speak to my parents so that wasn’t an issue but my sister, godparents and other aunts/uncles were quite upset although they realise it’s our day and we should do it our way! My partners family didn’t take it very well but it is our day and will come round to it eventually! Hope this helps ♥️Xx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My problem is my family and friends have always known what i wanted so lets just say i dont speak to friends and close family anymore because they found out about what we were planning its be nearly eight months since i have spoken to them xx Why cant people just accept its what the bride and groom want not them sorry im moaning xx💗
  • Ostira
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I completely understand! Some people completely forget that the day is not just a day out for them or their opportunity to see someone get married or have a drink, it’s about the bride and groom and what they want. It’s never about the guests! They’re only there if it’s what the bride and groom want! Xx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    So what you doing about a veil are you going to try somr on see how you feel x💗
  • Ostira
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think so! Nearer the time i’m ordering my veil. I am getting a dried preserved wildflower bouquet so I’m going to get the matching hair clip and clip that over my veil 😁
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That will loook so nice especially with it matching x💗
  • Sally
    Beginner April 2022 Worcestershire
    Sally ·
    • Hide content

I ended up with this cape as didn't want the weight of a veil on my head / ruining my hair.

https://www.wed2b.com/empress

• Ostira
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is a beautiful cape and not too expensive! I may look into this. The veil I picked on Etsy is similar but may go for this instead. Still plenty of time to choose x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics