Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beginner

Venue communication?

28/07/12bride, 9 June, 2012 at 08:40 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi,

Just wondering when you started having a bit more communication with the venue?

We have 7 weeks to go and I have not heard from them for a while now (apart from a meeting with the caterer a couple of months ago), I have emailed them yesterday with some questions but feeling a little panicked that they haven't been in touch, is this normal?!?!

7 replies

Latest activity by cake lady, 9 June, 2012 at 15:11
  • Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

It seems to vary from place to place from what I've seen on here.

I have 5 weeks to go and emailled my venue this week to, only to get an 'out of office' from my co-ordinator informing me she is on holiday until 14 June!

Irrespective of what any venue thinks is plenty of time though, I always think they should answer questions when they're being asked!

Beginner
    28/07/12bride ·
    • Hide content

Thanks BV, it surprises me that they do not send an email a couple of months beforehand just to touch base more than anything, I hope they get back to us both soon!

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

I'm chasing my venue with 8 weeks to go. They want a final meeting and final payments in 4 weeks but they still haven't answered a lot of my questions. I think you just need to keep on at them. If they want the money they'll have to pull their finger out.

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

We have only just booked our venue for next September and already I have lots of questions. I have emailed my co-ordinator 3 times now, once about swapping drinks and bedroom options, the second to double check they have dark red chair covers to make sure I can still have the colour scheme I want and just today asking if I can confirm menu choices as we are having a 2 choice menu which I will need to send out to guests. As I will be making my invites I will be starting them quite soon so I will need the information to hand.

I am starting to feel like I am communicating way too much but as some of you are still waiting for questions be be answered with weeks to go I would rather get the questions I have immediately covered now so that Plan B can take place if necessary..

• O
    Beginner January 2011
    onetwothree ·
    • Hide content

Our venue is very efficient at sending bills and not so good at replying to emails! In person, they are great though. We got an out of office message this week when I asked a few questions -but it was until June 2nd so we're assuming a typo!

• eeyoring
    Beginner June 2012
    eeyoring ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ours was the same. They refussed to meet with us till 4 weeks before even though we had limited time to get there. I sent lots of emails with questions over the two weeks before our meeting and they did reply to bits but not all and were very slow with food info. However when we went for our meeting we came away very happy and all our worries sorted.

I think sometimes they forget that while they know exactly what theyre doing for us it is (usually) the only time we'll have doen it and need reassurance about thing early.

• Jules73
    Beginner August 2012
    Jules73 ·
    • Hide content

Our venue is not good at emailing back as I have had to chase them a few times. But they are very helpful when I phone them (even better in person). As venue is hours away popping in is out of the question. I do prefer email though as I like to have evidence of what has been discussed ?.

• cake lady
    Beginner September 2012
    cake lady ·
    • Hide content

We're the same. They do respond to e-mails but seem very laid back & have suggested we meet up to discuss things just a few weeks before the big day. I'm sure they'll contact us when any money is due though! It's tricky when you want to get on with things. We are using a venue that isn't a typical wedding venue & I want to start making table plans etc but they need to have a play around with tables - see what would work, which is great but I wish they'd get on with it or I'll be doing a freehand drawing at this rate!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics