Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner October 2024 North Yorkshire

Venue too big? Tithe Barn Bolton Abbey

Callyann, 19 of September of 2023 at 08:55 Posted on Planning 0 4
Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of advice we are viewing venues this week and really want a rustic style barn.
We went to the Tithe Barn at Bolton Abbey yesterday and absolutely fell in love with it!
Venue too big? Tithe Barn Bolton Abbey 1
Venue too big? Tithe Barn Bolton Abbey 2
Venue too big? Tithe Barn Bolton Abbey 3
The only issue is that it's for up to 200 people and our guestlist is 50.The advisor says they do have smaller weddings and space things out.The space to me is big but it doesn't feel itbecause of the wooden beams and columns it feels quote cosy. I'm just worried the guests might think it's too big.
I've read things online saying to add decor but ideally dont want to do this, as part of the reason we love it is because we wouldn't need to add much other than a few personal diys. Plus we're trying to save some money.
Any advice from anyone who's been there or had a smaller wedding in a large space?
We're visiting 4 other venues this week but I really don't think any will live up to the Tithe Barn. Plus they are barns where we'd have to sort caterers and decorations and at Tithe barn we would have to do that.
Shall we just go for it and book it?
Thanks for reading.

4 replies

Latest activity by Charlotte, 9 of October of 2023 at 14:57
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If you love it, I'd go for it.

Once people are sitting down facing the front, they're not going to be aware of the empty space behind them, and it will also mean you can space out the chairs a bit more to make it easier for folk to get in and out.

Plus if you're having the reception in the same space, the more room the better - most weddings I go to, you end up having to wriggle between tables to move around!

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    It's an amazing venue if it's what you both want then go for it as for the size more room means no bumping in to each other xx❤️
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    That is absolutely gorgeous! I would still say go look at the other ones to be a million percent sure but regarding your numbers etc I wouldn’t worry at all!
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I would ask them to show you some weddings they did on a smaller scale to see how they break up the spaces so you can visualise this, any good venue will have a portfolio to demonstrate how they can cater for varying event sizes

Our venue could cater up to 500 and we had 50 in the day and 150 in the evening, they partitioned off the area in sections so we had the different elements set up in different spaces so was all done and then they just moved the partitions,

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics