Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Flowmojo
Beginner

Volumising/ Thickening hair products

Flowmojo, 25 September, 2012 at 16:12 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 17

Anyone use any of these that are any good?

My hairs a mess, even more so since being upduffed (no radiant glossy thick hair here!) and am feeling pretty rubbish about it!! It needs some oomph that a haircut wont provide..anyone got an recommendations?

17 replies

Latest activity by overtherainbow, 26 September, 2012 at 11:09
  • *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

I'm never convinced that shampoos actually do what they claim to, but if you want volumising you should probably look for something without silicone (or dimethicone) in as that'll weigh your hair down.

• Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content

I swear by this stuff

http://www.leestafford.com/uk/products/product.php?pi=144

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

I am yet to find a volumising shampoo that I actually think works on my ridiculous hair. I'm currently taking a hair supplement and I do think it's in better condition and a bit fuller. One thing I do love, is Tigi root boost. Definitely give you extra volume, I love it.

If anyone finds a cure to a practically receding hairline, gis' a shout.

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

I swear by this stuff:

http://www2.beautybay.com/matrix/Matrix/Limp/_/N-1z140bxZ1z140uj?gclid=CN_VnIeH0bICFcfKtAodgTQATQ

http://www2.beautybay.com/haircare/Volumiser/Matrix/_/N-1z13eg1Z1z140bxZk

You can also get in in your local Sallys but these are great prices & free delivery. Ive got really fine hair & these help it immensely but since coming off the pill the grease problem outweighs the volume so Ive been using this stuff: http://gorgeousshop.com/shop/redken-106/redken-scalp-relief-445/redken-scalp-relief-oil-detox-shampoo-300ml-2020.html

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

What about going down the vitamin route Flow?

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

what vits are avaliable?!

Im reluctant to shove stuff into my body whilst upduffed, refusing even paracetamol, i know im ridiculous but you know..?

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not ridiculous at all, I would be the same. Are you on Pregnacare or something similar? Maybe baby is zapping all the goodness and your hair is facing the consequences?

Just googled hair growth vits and it's folic acid, zinc, vitamin c, etc...which I think are all in the pregnancy supplements anyway?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I have very fine hair (which is short ) and use this with the serum... very good results..I imagine even more so on longer hair....http://reviews.boots.com/2111-en_gb/5125/nutrasome-nutrasome-thickening-shampoo-200ml-reviews/reviews.htm

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Dry shampoo even on clean hair. Or a root powder. Only thing that works for me

• Tiny-Tiggs
    Beginner April 2012
    Tiny-Tiggs ·
    • Hide content

I bet baby flow has ridiculously thick hair haha.

I have rubbish hair, its gone all thin. I must try the Aussie one.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

lashing of gorgeous glossy curly locks!?

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Talking of babies with gorgeous curly locks! Look at my niece..6months old!

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I use the John Frieda thickening blow dry spray, it is amazing. I have tried literally every product on the market and it's the only thing that makes my hair look half respectable. I think it's about 6 quid but it lasts a while.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Rod she is soooooo cute!!

Flow I read that you should use milder shampoos whilst pregnant to prevent your hair getting as greasy. I'm also still taking my pregnancy vitamins which seems to be working well. My hair still isn't in as good condition as it was pre upduffed though.

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

Rod, you are not helping with my broodiness ?

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

She's a diva! She came out with a silly amount of hair and now it comes to her shoulders!! look! (sorry for derailing Flow!)

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I alternate between Fat Hair Shampoo which I used to buy from Boots but they've stopped doing it now so I buy on line from Superdrug. It's by Samy. I have very thin hair which is worse at the front than the back which is probably due to straighteners. Anyway I digress.. I alternate it with L'oreal Sleek and smooth as the Fat Hair can make it a bit dry if you use it all the time. It does make a difference by giving it a bit of oomph but I find the Fat Hair Conditioner too greasy and it weighs my hair down.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics