Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sian
Beginner September 2025 Kent

Waking up with your husband to be on your wedding day

Sian, 21 of February of 2024 at 09:11 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 1 14
Has anyone spent the night before your wedding with your husband to be and woke up together and had breakfast together? Our wedding is a twilight wedding so not until 4pm and the bridal suite is outrageous. I think it would be so lovely but want to here if anyone has done it before and how you found it or if you're planning on doing the same?

14 replies

Latest activity by Alexis, 13 of March of 2024 at 12:51
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

I have seen that plenty of couples do it, the not seeing each other the night before tradition is not so common now. However most of the time one of the couple will then leave at some point and go and get ready somewhere else.

• Sian
    Beginner September 2025 Kent
    Sian ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you thats really good to know 😊
  • Tracey
    Beginner August 2024 Northamptonshire
    Tracey ·
    • Hide content
    We are arriving together before our guests. We will meet and greet and introduce a few guests to each other then leave them to it whilst we have our registrar chat before our ceremony. Then we will collect our guests and head into the ceremony. We won't leave each others sides all day. This is your day, so do it your way! Xx
  • S
    Curious March 2025 Nottinghamshire
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    We initially looked at a twilight wedding and our intention would have been to wake together and meet a few of our nearest and dearest for breakfast ☺️ it’s your day do what suits you xx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I am doing this don't do tradition won't see me getting ready will go in a separate room just to suprise him even if he has seen my dress x do what feels right for you both x
    ♥️
  • L
    Beginner July 2024 Derbyshire
    Louisa ·
    • Hide content

Our venue is about 5 minutes from home, so we're staying at home and waking up together the morning of. Plus we have a 2 and 4 year old so makes sense. Then I go off to the venue first thing with the bridal party for hair and makeup, then husband to be and our boys arrive later in the day to get ready. We have the venue overnight on the evening of the wedding. Hope this helps x

• K
    Curious June 2024 Devon
    Kay ·
    • Hide content
    We planned on doing this but our ceremony is early in the day so I have to get up super early for hair and make up. So it will be easier for me to stay at the venue the night before. You go for it, you don’t have to stay away for no reason, it’s all your choice 🥰
  • C
    Beginner Cheshire
    Carl ·
    • Hide content
    We have chosen a twilight package as well and our won’t start until 4pm. We are planning to spend the night and morning together but when it’s time to get ready we won’t see each other until we meet at the end of the aisle
  • J
    Beginner September 2025 Hampshire
    Jaimie ·
    • Hide content
    We’re planning on doing this. I can’t imagine not waking up excited together. Plus we have small children so we’ll al start the day together. I won’t get ready in front of him though - I want to be completely ready before we see each other, plus I want to spend that time with my mum and bridesmaids. Kids will just run between the two rooms as they want. Haven’t decided yet whether to see him for a ‘first look’ together in private first rather than in the ceremony.
  • Laurie
    Savvy May 2024 Lothian & Borders
    Laurie ·
    • Hide content

We are staying in the hotel together the night before the wedding - although my partner will be kicked out of the room to give room from the bridesmaid squad to get their hair done, I fully expect there will be much to-ing and fro-ing with all of the wedding party (plus some close friends helping us out) between the various rooms until it's put on the dress time!

My partner and I feel like we will be less anxious if we can be together as much as possible, but he really doesn't want to see me in my dress until the ceremony.

• Ivana
    Dedicated August 2024 East London
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content

We will be staying in a hotel the night before together as we had to book an extra day so we can get ready on the day of the wedding in the hotel. I don't think he will be there on the morning of us getting ready as I will have my bridesmaids with me, so he will probably have to go somewhere else to get ready. But I think it's nice to wake up next to my fiance and have breakfast together and then just go off to get ready. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

• Sarah
    Beginner June 2024 Pembrokeshire
    Sarah Online ·
    • Hide content
    We’re getting married in the registry office with just close family at 15:00 so will spend the day getting ready together, travel together and walk in together etc. Our Wedding party is two days later and our plan is to have guests arrive an hour before for drinks etc and then to walk in together, leading my two horses, hopefully it will be dry!! 😬
  • M
    Beginner February 2025 Essex
    Miss ·
    • Hide content
    We've not got that far with discussing it but, our wedding will be at 3/3.30pm so I think it'll make more sense for us to be together the night before, do any last min bits, have a big breakfast out somewhere, travel to the venue together then go our separate ways to get ready. If our ceremony was much earlier in the day then I guess we'd be separate as id be up getting ready from very early but, I don't plan on arriving at the venue until around midday to get ready.
  • A
    Greater Manchester
    Alexis ·
    • Hide content

Crypto stolen from Coinbase wallet!

I had my Coinbase wallet wiped out in a single transaction. I didn't know what to do and couldn't get a hold of Coinbase. This transaction emptied out all my Ethereum and Bitcoin. This was not me and I needed help after losing roughly 221,000 dollars. I went to the police to file a report and I also filed a claim to the FBI but they couldn't help. I got someone who recommended "hackwest at writeme dot com", within 72 hours West was able to recover all my funds and also revealed the men behind the dirty act. I wish to let everyone know that it is possible to get your money back if you contact the right person and follow instructions.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics