Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner October 2014

Walking down the aisle- nerves

Nicola_25, 10 of February of 2014 at 13:56 Posted on Planning 0 28

Is anyone else nervous about walking down the aisle? Im petrified that I am going to start laughing and not being able to stop or cry my way through the whole thing!

28 replies

Latest activity by Mrspetal, 16 of February of 2014 at 16:33
  • Lucylonglegs
    Beginner March 2014
    Lucylonglegs ·
    • Hide content

I'm exactly the same! I'm an emotional wreck! And a seriously ugly blood shot eyed snotty crier! I don't want to sniffy way throgh our vows as the vicar has a microphone on her robes haha! I'm wearing flat shoes so I know I can't really fall over, although it could potentially happen.

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

Yes, the thought of it makes me feel quite ill so we have decided to walk in together or even just meet everyone in the pub beforehand! I hate the thought of everyone waiting for me/looking at me! Waaah.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

Yes! I'm just worried about everyone staring at me! But even more worried about the vows. I can't see us getting through them without laughing!

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This.

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to laugh, and I'm going to get weepy but after looking at TOG portfolios of wedding these i thought were the best shots. I'm nervous but I'm not. embrace it,

• bamboo
    Beginner September 2014
    bamboo ·
    • Hide content

I'm really nervous about this, too. I'm one of those people who blush easily and I know that I will be bright red when I walk down the aisle.

I'm hoping that with a veil down, covering my face, I will feel a little bit more comfortable.

• N
    Beginner October 2014
    Nicola_25 ·
    • Hide content

Oh I didn't even think about blushing, I am going to go bright red too! i am even worse if I have a drink. I am glad its not just me worrying about it,Hopefully it will be ok, good luck everyone Smiley smile

• Joebella44
    Beginner March 2015
    Joebella44 ·
    • Hide content

I'm terrified! I hate the attention being on me! worst still I suffer from IBS which gets triggered when i'm nervous so i'm panicking about my stomach going funny! That will be fun to deal with! I made sure there were plenty of loos around when venue hunting and picking our venue lol Hoping that the adrenalin and excitement will outweigh nerves on the day!

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

I'll be absolutely shittin myself. I hate public speaking, crowded places, walking into interview rooms etc. I'm hoping that the excitement of the day will overide it. Mum has been warned she may have to drag me up the aisle!

• Sambride
    Beginner April 2014
    Sambride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too! I'm really hoping that because ill be busy in the morning I'll be distracted enough not to worry about my tummy. Its just the waiting to walk down the aisle, that's when I'll get nervous and the IBS will kick in. I don't want any waiting, just want to march right down the aisle before I have time to worry about it!

• J
    Beginner August 2014
    JontyDoggle ·
    • Hide content

Ladies - rather than focusing on how bad you're going to feel and what might go wrong, you need to take a positive step to help 'arm' you on the day. You can use a technique called 'focus point', which is whee you pick something you know will be there ahead of you (like your OH at the end of the aisle) and choose to focus only on his/her face. So when you turn into the room/down the aisle of the church, you look for their face, and just keep looking at them all the way down the aisle. It will block out everything else, so you won't feel people looking at you, and when you're on your way to the church/venue you can just repeat "I'm going to walk in, look at their face and keep looking', rather than worrying about what might happen. I use this when I'm competing my horses and feeling very nervous and it even helps me transmit confidence to the horse I'm riding too, because I'm not being distracted by everything else. Give it a try!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

This thread needs some input from already married's to tell you that on the day when it comes to it all of your worries will fade away and you most likely wont even see any faces looking at you as you will have tunnel vision as soon as you see your groom looking down the aisle at you.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

Yes I'm petrified too! Scared of falling over as well because the floor is so shiny and slippery and I also have 3 stairs to walk down!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Yes!!

To me that's one of the things I most look forward to as a guest so I feel the pressure.

I worry I'm going to cry or trip or lose a shoe or........or........

And I've started having wedding nightmares now. Argh.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

If it helps anyone - I have never seen a bride trip/lose a shoe/ or cry walking down the isle. The crying down the aisle is done by Dad and the Groom. And your tears are done when you are getting ready and the dress goes on, at which point you can then re- apply your make up.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That does help.

I just hope I'm not the exception to the rule.

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

I'm really worried about this I just hate the thought of it. My oh has agreed for me to walk in the side door (near the front) and just sit down but I know ideally he wants me to do the aisle walk and I know my dad is keen to give me away so I haven't ruled it out but really don't know if I can do it. I need to find a way not panic about it.

• A
    Beginner July 2014
    Aykay ·
    • Hide content

Laughing and crying are the least of my worries....

my toddler will run up to me, cling on tight then try to get my boobs out of my dress ?(i was hoping to have stopped breastfeeding in time but its not going well), i will slip on the grass,get my heel stuck in the grass, trip over my veil,and many many more random mishaps,

on the plus side, i will have my face covered so my blushing will be hidden

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

I was a nervous wreck the whole morning right up until I was walking down the aisle. They ended up dimishing throughout the vows although I was very glad when it was over and I could mingle.

It really isn't as bad as you think :-)

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsFitt2B ·
    • Hide content

I am really clumsy - to the point my OH calls be calamity Heather and no longer gets annoyed when I do something stupid! I'm also ridiculously emotional and have visions of my crying all the way down the aisle and all the way through the vows!

xx

• N
    Beginner October 2014
    Nicola_25 ·
    • Hide content

I am sure we will all be alright on the day however i just cant imagine being calm waking down the aisle, i am just glad i only have to walk down a short aisle! Good luck everyone Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    lauraleeq ·
    • Hide content

This is something I have been freaking out about for a bit but have read some really great advice from a number of places:

1. Nervous about falling - practice, practice, practice - wear your wedding shoes up and down the stairs 3 times a day for the last few weeks coming up to your wedding. Great for your calves too. Also warn your dad that his only job is to make sure you don't fall

2. Take a drink or a CALMs tablet 30mins before you leave the room - just not champagne and diazepam - my friend did this (on her mums advice) and she cant remember her wedding at all

3. Use Estee Lauder double wear if you are afraid to blush - trust me nothing gets through this makeup (use the complexion serum too to keep the glow)

4. IBS - omperzole or lansoprazole - great for this - also for brides afraid they might throw up and minimises bloating - get from GP

5. Laughing - remember all brides look beautiful when they laugh and smile - make sure the photographer gets a great shot

6. Crying - use your thumb nail to dig into your forefinger - it can be a little painful but will focus your mind - also everyone will be crying too. Again - estee lauder and urban decay setting spray (in all nighter or waterproof) will ensure that any tears run off without ruining your makeup.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I was shaking like a leaf under my dress for the first few minutes but all was ok after that.

Take the walk down the aisle slowly and breathe deeply and slowly, keep a bottle of water to hand somewhere nearby (in the car if you are travelling or outside the room somewhere), I got a really dry mouth because I was nervous and the water helped loads.

Practice walking in your shoes, that's one less thing to worry about.

Smile!

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

Really not looking forward to everyone turning to look at me...would much rather make an inconspicuous entrance and just appear next to the groom!!! My dad however is REALLY looking forward to walking down the aisle...

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

I'm hoping my dad will get me through the nerves as he is walking me down the aisle.

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Nervous? I'm petrified! I'm worried that I'm so wide, the aisle won't be big enough for me and I'll have to walk sideways. I'm worried that the flower girls will trip over their skirts and then I'll trip over them. I'm worried that my little boy will drop the ring and his cousin, the security guard will refuse to walk at all. I'm worried that my son and daughter will change their minds and refuse to give me away halfway up the aisle. I'm worried that when I do get up there, that the OH will change his mind and go home without me. i'm worried that I'll trip, fall over, rip my dress and end up standing there in my huge, tummysucking, granny knickers! nervous? I don't think nervous covers it!!!!

But, I'm going to do it and I'm sure it will be wonderful, even if all these things happen (except OH going home) ?

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

I was a giggling mess seconds before then i burst into tears walking down the aisle!

Made everyone else cry too. I will have the ugliest photos in existence be I don't care!

My h2b was just smiling at me saying i look beautiful.

It really doesn't matter.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics