Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Desta
Beginner October 2024 Norfolk

Walking down the isle

Desta, 6 of December of 2022 at 17:03 Posted on Planning 0 12
Hi everyone! Me and my fiancé are getting married in October 2024 and we are super excited!!

However, I don’t know who to walk me down the isle. I’m close with my dad but there is good/bad history. I also have a step dad who has been there for me since I was 6 (I’m now 27). Up until my partner proposed I was dead set on having my mum walk me down the isle as she’s my rock and has always been there, but now I don’t know whether to have both my step dad and my dad walk me down?!

Any advice would be appreciated!

12 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 12 of December of 2022 at 11:41
  • S
    Beginner September 2023 West Sussex
    Sophie ·
    • Hide content
    I’m in exactly the same position and I’m opting to have my mum walk me down the aisle. Plus I like that it’s a bit different.
  • Desta
    Desta ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your response, good to hear from someone in the same position! Yeah I agree, it is different. I think I’ll stick with mum Smiley smile
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

In your place, I'd probably stick with your mum. It sounds as if you are quite close to both your dad and step-dad, and asking one but not the other might hurt the one who isn't asked. And it's nice to shake up the patriarchal marriage stuff a bit sometimes by asking a woman to do a role that's traditionally always been given to a man!

• J
    Beginner August 2024 Greater Manchester
    Janie ·
    • Hide content

I have a similar situation and my partner and i have decided to meet each other at the end of the isle and walk down together, this way there will be no upset on either side. Stick to you mum especially if she has been your constant xx

• Desta
    Desta ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I’m now leaning more towards my original idea of asking my mum! Thank you x
  • Desta
    Desta ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone! Super helpful, I really appreciate it 💖
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    One on each arm?
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I think your mum would be the best option if you say you are close to step dad a bit more than dad it would break both their hearts if you were to pick one over the other so you mum would be better plus I think it's lovely to have your mum x♥️
  • Desta
    Desta ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah, that’s what I’d do if I were to have both dad and step dad
  • Desta
    Desta ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah that’s what I was thinking! My mum would love I too, so I think I’m going to stick with her xx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just stick to what is in your heart x ♥️ and enjoy the rest of your planning x your dad and step dad could do other things for you that mean somethin like speeches of them both that way it will show them you are still thinking of them both x ♥️
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Only you can make the decision we can only advice I'm not having anyone due to toxic family they aren't even invited to my wedding do what feels right for you here to help X anytime x♥️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics