Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Adele
Savvy March 2024 Durham

Wed2b wedding dresses

Adele, 4 of April of 2022 at 07:58 Posted on Wedding Attire 2 31
Just wondering has anyone bought their wedding dress from wed2b? Our wedding budget has gone pretty out of control and my fiancé and I have decided to not go over the top and spend too much on our outfits. I have been looking on web2b website and some of the dresses are beautiful and the majority of them are £599 which is a comfortable amount for me to pay. Any recommendations or suggestions for other places would be helpful. I have also been looking on asos x

31 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 1 of September of 2022 at 09:11
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    I used Bridal Reloved in Wallingford, south Oxfordshire. There are Bridal Reloved shops all over. Each is a little different, some sell second hand dresses and some sell new ex-sample dresses. The one I went to only sold ex sample but they were half the RRP, so much more affordable! Full bridal dress shopping experience, which was not the case when I contacted a web2be near me (but again, each one is probably run differently!). Good luck whatever you go for. You could also consider something like JJs House if you want to really keep costs down. I’ve found the quality to be excellent and if you order a standard size you can return.
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Wed2be isca really good choiceand will definately help witb your budget. One of my neighbours walked out the same day with a dress hopefully you will find one or would you consider buying from an online site x💗
  • Danielle
    Beginner September 2022 Kent
    Danielle ·
    • Hide content
    I went to wed2b on Friday to try a few dresses on to get an idea and fell in love with my dress and walked away with it the same day,
    Mine cost around £700 for veil dress and under skirt x
  • S
    Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content
    My siste bought hers from there and it was gorgeous! I tried about 5 on there but just. Ouksnt find the one. I have got mine from a local family run business that are focused on having a wide range from £300 to over £1000. Mine has cost about £800 but I do still need alternations x
  • R
    Savvy September 2023 Durham
    Rebecca ·
    • Hide content
    I bought my wedding dress from wed2b last weekend I love it even the others I tried on there was a lot i liked so would defo recommend the staff were all lovely as well
  • Adele
    Savvy March 2024 Durham
    Adele ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Rebecca. I'm definitely going to go there x
  • Adele
    Savvy March 2024 Durham
    Adele ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Michelle. I'm definitely going to go there x
  • Adele
    Savvy March 2024 Durham
    Adele ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's great Danielle. I hope that happens to me when I go there x
  • Danielle
    Beginner September 2022 Kent
    Danielle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I tried on 8 dresses fell in love with one be open minded the one I picked was a style I would never have even looked at if the fitter didn't pick it out for me x
  • Adele
    Savvy March 2024 Durham
    Adele ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your comment. I'm definitely going to try wed2b. Where are you based? I'm in the north east x
  • Adele
    Savvy March 2024 Durham
    Adele ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm pretty open minded. Being 5ft 2 I'm not really sure what will suit me. But there are so many different styles I love I'm sure I'll find something x
  • S
    Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are in south yorkshire. Hope you find your dream dress! Enjoy trying on! xx

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Anytime i got mine from amazon ever pretty only picked this because my first was ruined so went for cheaper option plus its just me h2b and our 3 kids hope you find what your looking for xx💗
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It would be worth contacting local boutiques to see how many dresses they have available in your budget - my max was £500 and I ended up with about 7 to try on in one shop (in Bristol).

Also, try mail order and high street. I bought my dress from Ivy & Oak for under £300. There are quite a few mail order places that have a number of dresses under your budget.

You could also try looking at bridesmaids dresses - lots of them come in white or ivory and are much cheaper than wedding dresses.

• R
    Savvy September 2023 Durham
    Rebecca ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I see your also based in the north east I got mine from the Gateshead store next to the metro centre. It can get very busy with it being no appointments and I know Saturday is the busiest day they said so I had to wait an hour before being able to try them on but it’s was no problem was worth the wait as well 😊
  • Adele
    Savvy March 2024 Durham
    Adele ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Rebecca! Yes the Gateshead store is the one I am planning on going to. Will definitely try and go mid week 😊 this all sounds really positive for wed2b! X
  • L
    Beginner October 2023 Essex
    Luxurygold37 ·
    • Hide content
    I’ve just bought mine recently from Wed2b and absolutely love it! Wonderful dresses at great prices.
  • Adele
    Savvy March 2024 Durham
    Adele ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for commenting! The dresses look so lovely there. Prices are great and I would actually be glad not to have the whole bridal boutique experience worrying about trying on things out of price range.
  • Adele
    Savvy March 2024 Durham
    Adele ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks for the advice Sarah. Currently have 9 dresses on my wish list for there but I will call ahead 😊
  • L
    Curious July 2022 Cambridgeshire
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content

I bought my dress from Wed2B and they were fantastic! I went to the Southampton store but I'm sure the Gateshead one will be great too. Agree about the stock check - the store I went to didn't have any of the dresses I'd noticed online available in my size, but did have some great alternatives and I fell in love with a dress I wouldn't have initially picked!

• A
    Savvy June 2023 Essex
    Alison ·
    • Hide content

If you go to Wed2B I know you have to take the dress home with you. I'm a bit dubious about storing it for over a year at home. Dont waht it creasing up or discolouring or something. Anyone got any storage tips?.

• Adele
    Savvy March 2024 Durham
    Adele ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Lucy 😊
  • L
    Beginner June 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    I recently bought mine from Wed2be, they have a great selection of dresses at reasonable prices , I would definitely recommend!
  • Adele
    Savvy March 2024 Durham
    Adele ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Lauren 😊
  • A
    Savvy June 2023 Essex
    Alison ·
    • Hide content

Fab, thank you. Hope your fitting goes well Sarah

• S
    Beginner October 2022 Essex
    Stephanie ·
    • Hide content
    Yes! I went a month ago, it was brilliant at Wed2B
  • Adele
    Savvy March 2024 Durham
    Adele ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Stephanie! I can't wait to go but my wedding is 23 months away so I'm trying to hold off for a few months
  • S
    Beginner October 2022 Essex
    Stephanie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! I'd wait a little longer. Mines in October and only bought the dress in March. Some people like to get it earlier though Smiley smile
  • N
    Beginner May 2022 East London
    Nikki ·
    • Hide content
    Hiya can I ask how much the box with them was please? I’m picking up my dress on Thursday after paying to reserve it for 2 weeks and I’m wondering how much the storage bag and box costs
  • N
    Beginner May 2022 East London
    Nikki ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you so much x
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

Another option is to ask around your local bridal boutiques for when they typically sell of sample stock - sometimes it varies by shop and other times it varies by designer - when I went shopping I chose February specifically because that's when they were selling off sample stock as they'd just had new designs in from the designer I was favouring so I had the max amount of options (typical for me that dream dress was not in the sample sale but lots of strong contenders were!). You can also tell them your max budget and so if you want they'll only let you try on sample sale dresses so you don't get swayed into an expensive one like I did!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics