Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

wedding (and wedding night!) lingerie

7 of May of 2012 at 16:18 Posted on Planning 0 27

What is everyone doing? sexy and / or functional? seems that everything I see veers from super cheap looking to dull! any help / direction would be gratefully received - not a conversation I really want to have with my mum!!! xx

27 replies

Latest activity by Celia, 30 of December of 2020 at 10:27
  • teapotty
    Beginner October 2013
    teapotty ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure about this one either because in reality I think in the night we will both be too tired for that kind of thing! ?

In the day I am hoping of wearing some really nice functional underwear - although with my dress I'll only need bottoms!

I am planning on getting some nice underwear for the honeymoon Smiley smile

• JustaBitofFluff
    Beginner May 2013
    JustaBitofFluff ·
    • Hide content

Im going with a corset and skirt as my dress so I only need bottoms too but im hoping I can get a nice sexy set which will also be good for honeymoon (after all if he's only seen half of it before its sort of new ?)

• ladyzoot
    Beginner August 2012
    ladyzoot ·
    • Hide content

I really want these from Liberty in Love as they can be my something blue but they are quite expensive at £40:

• SadieButterfly
    Beginner September 2013
    SadieButterfly ·
    • Hide content

Oh i love those ladyzoot!

• teapotty
    Beginner October 2013
    teapotty ·
    • Hide content

They are lovely! might be able to find a cheaper pair on ebay?

• D
    Beginner September 2012
    dresshunter ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I have a slinky dress with spaghetti straps so i'm trying to find nude coloured, strapless, shaper underwear.. ideally one of those dress type things so that absolutely everything is sucked in!! Anyone happened to have seen anything like this? x

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

Im still knicker shopping too. I think I will be topless on the top half but would like something a bit sexy (and comfy) on the bottom half. I won't be wearing a thong though!

I was thinking about White tights too (want to cover up a tattoo on my foot) but wondered how that might work in August and with a garter?

• ladyzoot
    Beginner August 2012
    ladyzoot ·
    • Hide content

Despite the name this website also do bridal lingerie including some nice thongs: http://www.1stforweddingshoes.co.uk/

• greenbean
    Beginner July 2012
    greenbean ·
    • Hide content

Might sound almost too cheap, but primark has some lovely underwear in at the moment. Suble nude and baby blue tones.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

My wedding day lingerie is a cross between functional (wonderbra) and pretty (bridal briefs)! For the morning after I have white shorts with my new surname bedazzled onto them and for honeymoon I have 2 white chemise and brief sets. Maybe I should invest in a gorgeous new bra for the morning after too to go with the sparkly pants...

• ladyzoot
    Beginner August 2012
    ladyzoot ·
    • Hide content

Pandorasbox - It all looks and sounds fab. Is the Wonderbra comfortable? I will be in need of a'boost' in my dress!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Ladyzoot It is ok but I had to go to a 38C rather than my usual 36 as it felt so tight and uncomfy at my usual size. The 38 feels great and very supportive though I felt like the smaller size 'boosted' my cleavage more, but in the end comfort won over oomph!

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

I've still not made a decision on underwear yet. I had this amazing idea of wearing sexy bridal lingerie underneath my dress all day as I know OH is more interested in what I'll be wearing underneath than the dress itself lol

But since reading all these posts about practicality I'm starting to doubt my choice!

So far I have this basque and stockings and these knickers:

I think I may have talked myself out of the stockings now, in case they start 'moving' underneath my dress! Is anyone else wearing stockings/hold-ups on the day?

I'm then going to try the basque underneath my dress but if it's more comfortable without (not sure how the boning will feel when I'm sat down eating the meal) I might scrap the whole lot and put it on at the end of the evening or the next day instead and just wear some knickers underneath with Mrs Chegwidden on them that I'm getting made for my boudoir shoot!

• K
    Beginner July 2012
    katiejm1989 ·
    • Hide content

I am having that bra!! its lovely shape!!

• emze2011
    Beginner September 2013
    emze2011 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

They're from here http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20733 but they're plus size!

Although if you have a look on the site there might be something similar in a smaller size, just watch out though as a lot like it are crotchless ? unless you like that, was just a bit more than I wanted lol but these are right up OH's street! ?

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

OMG! Those pants!!!! I couldn't wear those, not on my wedding day!!

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Why not? lol

• weemee
    Beginner July 2012
    weemee ·
    • Hide content

This i still need to sort..... I've just discovered toeless tights tho but want to go down the stockings route. Might have a pop into town later to have a look...... need a nice bra and knickers but have corset type thing on dress anyway. Bloody hell! !Need to sort this.... (10 wks to go) :c

• emze2011
    Beginner September 2013
    emze2011 ·
    • Hide content

Thankyou they are perfect! there not my idea of bridal knickers either, but my oh is going to love them! What rude men we have chosen! ?

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're welcome...ooo am I going to have a knicker twin LMAO! Clearly we have, I know my OH will think these are amazing too! I'm tempted to order them in the other colours for HM and after lol The lace they are made of is really soft too, they feel lovely and are comfortable on!

• Luna_12
    Beginner October 2012
    Luna_12 ·
    • Hide content

Omg they are gorgeous! Im only going to be wearing bottoms so Ive saved that site to have a peek hehehehehe x

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

Woop! Another lady who likes me knickers haha! I looked on victoria's secret but doesn't go big enough for my boobage ? I used to use la senza lots until they collapsed. Ann Summers has had some good bits and pieces lately though! I'm a bit of an underwear addict lol

• cozmiceye
    Beginner October 2013
    cozmiceye ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies. Not sure if anyone has posted this but debenhams are doing the wonderbra for £26.00 but with the code you can get it for just less then £23.00.

If anyone is interested the code in MB46

x

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have bought some similar from here- http://www.gemmasembroidery.co.uk/ much cheaper too!

• hannah22
    Beginner August 2012
    hannah22 ·
    • Hide content

Ive just ordered this from gossard, it looks lush!

https://www.gossard.com/collections/Ooh-la-la

• F
    Beginner June 2012
    Future Mrs Chuckles ·
    • Hide content

I'm having this from bravissmo Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics