Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

LittleSnowflake
Beginner January 2016

Wedding cancelled

LittleSnowflake, 14 of May of 2015 at 13:28

Posted on Off Topic Posts 36

Weddings cancelled, I'm not going to become an OM well not just yet. I decided that the guy I'm with isn't the one I want to get married too, and there's health reasons too. I don't have the whole soulmate/best friend feeling towards him and to me that's the deal breaker for getting married.

Weddings cancelled, I'm not going to become an OM well not just yet. I decided that the guy I'm with isn't the one I want to get married too, and there's health reasons too. I don't have the whole soulmate/best friend feeling towards him and to me that's the deal breaker for getting married.

36 replies

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear this Snowflake. It sounds like a complex situation with your mum. I was lucky in that my mum always said right up to the wedding day and after "you can always come home". Not that I ever needed to!

Only you know what is right for you. Not your partner or your mum or anyone else. I think you know this and that's why I respect you for the decision you've taken.

Take care of yourself.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Aww, sweetie I'm so sorry to hear your mum isn't being supportive of what you need. Do you know how he's feeling? Finances wise is there any way you could leave without going back home? I know its hard once all your money is tied up in the house. I know its awful but it does sound like you might need to talk to him about the practical side of things, such as if you decide not to stay together what will you do with the house. I would also try talking to your mum again, make her understand how you're feeling and that you really need her support. Its never easy to navigate when you come out of a long term relationship, I was lucky that my mum and dad took my back and we were only renting our flat when I split up with my ex fiance, but it still wasn't easy. Its was part of why the decison to do it was so tough but I made the right choice for me, I'm so glad I didn't stay with him out of convenience, or fear of being alone, because it meant I moved away and met H, who is the best thing that could have ever happened to me. Lots of love, we're all here for when you need an ear x

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

(I know I've resurrected and old thread) I just wondered if any of the 'old' 2016 gang were still about Smiley smile There's been big changes since I started this thread! We split the same year - Nov 2015 it all came to head in a massive argument that meant my mum got involved in and literally threatened to 'kill him'. He changed massively, became a smug git, cold hearted, and made his mum the third person in our relationship as well as his sister and auntie (so that's 5 in our relationship!). I never stood a chance. He spent every weekend at his mums, hardly any time together, and then eventually it became 1/2 nights a week. Even when he did stay at ours he complained he was bored and wanted to go shopping (again). So that was the end of us.

As for the house, I had about a year of an upstairs/downstairs thing going on. He slept downstairs, I upstairs haha! In fact I virtually lived upstairs. Only cooked when he went out for the evening, I lived off pot noodles/soups needless to say I lost a lot of weight. He gradually started moving his smallest bits of belongings out as we established that neither of us could afford to keep the house. The final bit of heartache (in a way) was when he cleared the bedroom of his stuff/clothes in wardrobe and I thought this is definitely it now, the end, its actually real and I hadn't imagined everything. The house went up for sale, it sold Nov/Dec.

So that's me. I'm back at my parents (urgh) .. Hope everythings been plain sailing for everyone else Smiley smile

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I think I joined a couple of months after your troubles. Have just read your post. Being home again is probably tough but I agree with the others I think you made the right decision tough as it is at the time. Hope you're gradually feeling more positive about the future as it now paves the way for you to meet the person you were meant to spend the rest of your life with. On day you will have your happy ever after with prince charming. Until then just enjoy the frogs. X

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Wow, sounds like you went through some painful times but at least you're at the other side of it all now.

As Jayne said, enjoy life and have fun!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics