Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2012

Wedding colour schemes

sc2347, 6 April, 2011 at 21:58 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting married in May 2012 and just thinking about colour schemes - I was thinking a pale peach with a dark green. What colours are all the other summer brides going for? :-)

15 replies

Latest activity by Tracyxx, 10 April, 2011 at 11:16
  • xchristy_bbyx
    Beginner April 2016
    xchristy_bbyx ·
    • Hide content

Not having a summer wedding but if i was I would go for pastal colours :L think its just me who likes them for that time of year though lol (think its more spring than summer) like pastal green and pink Smiley smile My theme is Chocolate and cream and will be in december, 3 years away Smiley sad lol x

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Peach is making a comeback for next year & peach & Green can look very Vintage:

• ScillyB2B
    Beginner June 2012
    ScillyB2B ·
    • Hide content

I'm going for blue and white. We're getting married on an island so it will hopefully go well with the whole theme of the day. I havent picked out the shade(s) of blue ye though, I keep picking turquoise things which would be ok but then wouldnt go with the stronger blue I had originally thought.

Any advise on what to choose first? I guess the two main blue things will be the flowers (with white flowers) and bridemaid dress. Once I have sorted those everything should fall into place (I can get my shoes dyed to match etc..)

• Poppyseed
    Beginner July 2012
    Poppyseed ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married June 2012, and although haven't yet chosen dresses I have chosen colours, i would like pastels, my four bridesmaids will each wear a different colour, bit of a mix and match really, and if this doesn't work then i like sage green and pink, is my next choice!

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    Lillibet ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married August next year, and have ended up with a Wedgewood theme (cornflower blue and ivory, with other pastel blues in the mix too in the invites and flowers). It was sort of accidental though, originally it was going to be purple, then navy blue with pastels and it was only when making mock invites that we decided that we didn't like the navy and had a play with some other papers I had bought to see colours and voila- our scheme was born! To be honest I don't know why it didn't occur to me sooner, Wedgewood has always been the one and only pottery I love!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married in May 2012 and our colour scheme is sage green and dusky pink...

...though the peach looks nice... Noooooooo! ?

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I get married in 7 weeks time and we are having Cadbury purple (didn't realise how popular this was when we first decided) and bright Orange Smiley smile I think the orange adds an unusual twist.

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married in July next year and our colour scheme is fuschia and, erm, either silver or turquoise, or maybe both ?

• Hollie1984
    Beginner July 2012
    Hollie1984 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I am getting married in June next year and we are having dusky pink and silver colour scheme!

The peach and dark green sounds lovely

xxx

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS lol altho i get married a week later, my colours are similar to Nurseys..

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

I'm another May 2012 bride and my colour is yellow!

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wish I'd thought of that! Do you think people would notice if the colour scheme at the wedding was completely different to the invitations?

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's coz we ❤️ each ova!

• MrsBear2b
    Beginner August 2011
    MrsBear2b ·
    • Hide content

@ Sapphire. I was wondering that. Our invites were printed last year and they are bronze-ish. The only thing is that my order of services are the same so I felt like I should match stuff with it. So went for dusky pink, sage, ivory and bronze hints. I can't imagine that it will matter very much though. People won't notice half of the things we are picky about.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Noone would notice, to be honest I never notice the colours on the invitation and I doubt anyone would have the |Invitation with them & think it doesn't match.

Go for it if you want to change & have bought nothing else in those colours.

• T
    Beginner July 2013
    Tracyxx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi we are going for chocolate and cream too! Just ordered my chair covers with chocolate satin sashes - lush!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics