Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Georgia
Curious September 2025 Warwickshire

Wedding dress!

Georgia, 29 of May of 2022 at 17:47 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 14
So got engaged back in April after 8 years together.. yay I hear you say..
I wasn’t looking for dresses my best friend gets married next year so was browsing for bits for her wedding and there it was looking at me!

So my next question is what do I do?

14 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 2 of July of 2022 at 13:53
  • A
    Dedicated July 2022 Co Londonderry
    Ali312 ·
    • Hide content
    Come back to it when it's a bit closer to the wedding/you're ready to buy and see if you still like it Smiley smile
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Have you booked your date? If you have and it is in the next 18 months or so I would say go and try it on, but dont commit, Maybe have a day of trying on a few others and then sleep on it, if it really is the one then go for it as you may not find it later as it will be last season, so dont want to miss out.

• J
    Beginner July 2023 North Yorkshire
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    Have you booked your wedding? If so and it’s within the next 12 months I’d try it on if not I’d say leave it until you’ve booked. I’ve seen so many dresses over the years from friends wedding etc and thought that’s what I’m going for and now I feel completely different about what I’ll chose!
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I can understand you finding the one but with your wedding being so far away i would leave it just incase you see one in the future that really catches your eye its such a hard decision to make because you could regret getting it or not getting it x 💗
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Hi did you decide to get the dress x💗
  • Georgia
    Georgia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My wedding is booked for 1/6/26.
    Some think it’s to far away to get the dress I really like. Others think just go for it.
    I’m still undecided.
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Its your choice but if its you go for it is it still in the shop x💗
  • Ostira
    Dedicated October 2023 Durham
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    If you’ve figured out a date and it’s maybe next year or early 2024, go and have a try on! If not, it’s the perfect time to figure out the style you would like
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    I see from your profile that your wedding date is 2026 which is still 4 years away. If that is correct then I would not commit to a dress yet. I know it’s so exciting but anything could happen in 4 years, I don’t know if you have children or are planning them but your body can change so much after kids and even without! I put on weight in the pandemic like lots of people and I am 1.5-2 stone heavier than 3 years ago. You just don’t know what life will throw at you and the pandemic has definitely shown that. If you can possibly wait then I would. I went for my first dress fitting in sept 2021 for a July 2022 wedding and the dress took 7 months to arrive so I would leave at least 12 months personally. You may even change your mind on style in the time and as I’ve seen on this forum some brides have bought early then had to sell the dress as they changed their mind or got pregnant!
  • Georgia
    Georgia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No I didn’t
  • Georgia
    Georgia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is a good bit of advice thanks 🙂
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Hi hun how come you didnt get it x💗
  • Georgia
    Georgia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Io wrote the advantages and disadvantages of getting it and well decided not to get it as I have one big disadvantage.. t’s to small by 2 sizes x
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh well at least you know you have plenty of time to get your dream dress x💗 you never know when your looking you might come across one similar x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics