Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilyt
Curious August 2023 Clare

Wedding Dress Hesitation

Emilyt, 6 of September of 2022 at 22:38 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 11

Wedding Dress Hesitation 1

Wedding Dress Hesitation 2
So I done that hugely rookie error of buying my dress WAY too early.
I keep looking at the photos and gradually I am starting to hate it. I've had it since March and I don't get married until August 2023!
But instead of getting rid of it and changing I was wondering if anything could be done about the bottom? I don't like how abruptly it ends underneath the train. Could kore fabric be added to make the end of the dress drag more like a train and not end abruptly? Also I only feel comfortable with the Cape Veil because I hate my arms, but I am gradually losing weight. Would you keep the cape or get a normal head veil?

11 replies

Latest activity by Charlotte, 14 of September of 2022 at 17:26
  • Ajx
    Dedicated April 2024 West Yorkshire
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure about being able to add fabric unfortunately but I just wanted to say I love the cape veil! I think it really suits the style of dress and you look lovely Smiley smile

• Emilyt
    Emilyt ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much. I knew I should have waited before buying it, as now I am seeing so many other options that I really like sk I'm doubting what I already have. Thank you xx
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 Online ·
    • Hide content

It's a lovely dress - don't forget that in these photos, it isn't fitted properly, you're standing against a very busy background and the bottom of the skirt and train are all crumpled up. These photos bear very little relation to how you will look on your wedding day, when the dress is properly fitted and pressed, and you are standing against a beautiful backdrop!

You have no need to worry about your arms - they look fine - but the cape veil looks amazing on you and really suits the style of the dress too, so if you feel happier with that style, then stick with it because it looks good on you.

• Ajx
    Dedicated April 2024 West Yorkshire
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm going dress shopping in October and don't get married until April 2024 so i'm scared this is going to happen to me but just try and think of all the reasons you fell in love with the dress in the first place! xx

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    You look amazing the dress will be fine once ypu have alterations there was a reason you picked it now you have it you need to stop looking at other dresses 💗 you look stunning x💗
  • S
    Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content
    I bought my dress August 2021 and don't get married until August 2023. I have been having major doubts so I arranged to try it on again at the shop and to see how I felt. I still love it! It was a lot more a snug than when I first bought it but it has motivated me to get back in shape!
    Don't rush into looking for a new one, you look gorgeous in this one! And I love the cape veil! X
  • Emilyt
    Emilyt ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow thank you so much for such a detailed and helpful response. It all really makes sense. I do wish I got a photo of me in it with no busy background. It is also a sample dress and was far too big for me, it now needs to be taken in 3.5 dress sizes at the minute, so it really didn't fit correctly. I keep forgetting that. Thank you so so much xx
  • Emilyt
    Emilyt ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awh thank you. I really need to stop looking at other dresses. It's mainly sleeves are the issue... I always wanted sleeves on a dress and didn't even try one on with sleeves so think in the back of my head that is still playing on my mind 🤣 god I bloody hate being so indecisive 🤣 thank you xxx

• Emilyt
    Emilyt ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awh thank you. I'm glad everyone has commented positively on the Cape veil. ❤️❤️ that's reassured me a lot too.
    That's a really good idea, I might try mine on again and make sure I still like it! 🤞 thank you so much xx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your not on your own if you love sleeves could you not have them make some but the dress is the one you just need to remember why you picked it x💗 i still get emails about dresses i just delete them because i know i have my dress x
  • Charlotte
    Beginner September 2023 South West London
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I think you look lovely and would echo the other ladies! I got engaged in May 21 and Wedding in Sep 23...that's a lot of time to look! I searched a lot on Stillwhite for 2nd hand one (many were samples or never worn due to covid reschedules) so WORST case scenario you could sell or buy on there, but genuinely think the dress looks lovely. I am also self conscious of my arms and shoulders convinced I would get thick straps and some kind of balloon sleeve.....and have ended up with bare arm halterneck! My mind set (with help from my sister) is give yourself some love. You may have looked at this picture a lot and thought of the imperfections that only you will see, when in fact everyone will be blown away with how amazing you look so give yourself a break! Oh and ration how often you look at photos....instead try to think about things that get you excited as it will be an amazing day Smiley smile xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics