Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner April 2021 East Sussex

Wedding Dress nightmare

Rebecca, 30 of April of 2022 at 13:03 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 6
We were due to marry in 2020 and like lots of people had to postpone. Various dates later that has to get moved we actually marry on the 21 May (a few weeks time).

BUT I hate my dress. I have had a bespoke dress made from a very well known designer and when I went in to see it for the first time last month it looked terrible and didn’t fit at all. They’ve made some changes but it still looks terrible. It’s like (and I’m actually a bit lighter so it’s not weight) there isn’t enough material at the top so you either have boob central on show at the front (which is not the design of the dress) or they sort my boobs out at the front and then my back is squashed in and looks terrible. I’m a size 14 and did not think a £4000 plus bespoke dress would be a terrible experience.
So upset. Does anyone have any advice where I can can get a new dress with literally just a few weeks to go off the shelf. Everywhere I look has just 1 sample. All advice welcome!

6 replies

Latest activity by MariaFruic367, 7 of May of 2022 at 10:50
  • A
    Savvy November 2022 Leicestershire
    Amanda ·
    • Hide content
    So sorry to hear that, can they not add some extra fabric to fix it? You could try somewhere like wed2be for off the rack or look into secondhand/sample dresses, there is a small chain called bridalreloved around the uk and I found lots of other shops like them in the London area.
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    They should totally be sorting it out for you if it’s bespoke and you’ve paid so much money and you are still not happy with it. That is really bad service, have you given up with it? I suppose you can always try and sell it on to recoup some of the money but I don’t think I would stand for it not being sorted by them.
    Like the other poster on here, Wed2be are great for off the peg dresses and I visited one store that was huge and had loads of choice and lots of different sizes. I wish you luck sorting it out.
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    This is shocking how its not what you wanted x But wed2be is definately your best option xx You can just walk out that day with your dress good luck xx💗
  • Adele
    Savvy March 2024 Durham
    Adele ·
    • Hide content
    That's awful Rebecca I'm so sorry for you! Agree with everyone else about wed2b but is the current dress definitely not salvageable? X
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Try mail order, sample sales or second-hand - I'd suggest ringing round a few places to see what they have. That sounds a real nightmare, to pay so much money for a bespoke dress and end up with one that isn't designed properly.

• Kim
    Dedicated August 2022 West Yorkshire
    Kim ·
    • Hide content
    Do u have an elite bridal shop near u they have alot of of the peg dresses between £300 and £500

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics