Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Leeanne
Curious June 2024 Gloucestershire

Wedding dress overskirt or not Help!!!

Leeanne, 6 of December of 2022 at 18:53 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 11
Hello!
I’m having difficulty deciding whether I want an overskirt or not. I would take the overskirt off during cocktail hour for the rest of the day so it’s just for the ceremony.

I’m planning on having a long cathedral veil too so would the overskirt be too much? Thank you!
Wedding dress overskirt or not Help!!! 1
Wedding dress overskirt or not Help!!! 2
Wedding dress overskirt or not Help!!! 3

11 replies

Latest activity by Leeanne, 5 of January of 2023 at 20:14
  • Leeanne
    Leeanne ·
    • Hide content
    Wedding dress overskirt or not Help!!! 4
    Forgot to add this photo too x
  • Ellen91
    Dedicated October 2023 West London
    Ellen91 ·
    • Hide content
    You have a lovely dress! I love the idea of an over skirt, but my one thought is, when you walk down the aisle do you want the over skirt covering the train of your dress? It all depends on what you want/ feel comfortable with. But equally if you want that ‘reveal’ moment, I would suggest to do the over skirt xx
  • Leeanne
    Leeanne ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you!! Yeah that’s very true.. I feel like the cathedral veil will cover the train anyway. It needs to be taken up a lot so I’ll lose some of that train so maybe I’ll buy an overskirt and just sell it if it doesn’t work! I definitely want to be extra 🤣 xx
  • Ellen91
    Dedicated October 2023 West London
    Ellen91 ·
    • Hide content
    100% be extra! It’s your day! I am wearing a veil then I will be swapping into a cape for food/ the evening (that’s my reveal moment, haha!) I think you’ll kick yourself if you don’t try the overskirt, because as you say, you can sell it if you don’t like it. Xx
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Does the shop have one you can try on to get a feel for whether you like it or not? My personal view is that it might detract from the impact of the veil and dress, especially with all the beautiful detail on the dress. But it's hard to say without actually seeing a picture of it all together.

You look stunning in the dress & veil, so if there's any doubt once you try the overskirt on, then ditch it.

• Leeanne
    Leeanne ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you guys! I think I might leave it off as it might detract from the detail! The wedding is a 3 day event at the venue and we’re having a pre wedding food the night before so I’ll be extra then with white outfit ☺️ Xxx
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    I think it’s beautiful just the way it is xxx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Love the dress on you with or without with for ceremony then without for reception time and for the veil it's best to choose one that will still show of the gorgeous dress so it's not hidden x♥️ go with what you feel is you x
  • A
    Dedicated October 2023 Surrey
    AmesLou ·
    • Hide content

I think the dress looks beautiful without the overskirt, but would also look amazing with! I get what you mean about it potentially clashing with the veil though. One thing I have found really hard about outfit planning is that it's super hard to try everything on together because we don't necessarily get given our dresses straight away, then certain things online are made to order, so it's impossible to try before you buy!

• Stella
    Beginner July 2024 Greater Manchester
    Stella ·
    • Hide content
    I like an overskirt, but there's no way you should hide that gorgeous dress! It looks stunning on you and gives a wow factor as it is. Show off the detail on the dress I say haha
  • Leeanne
    Leeanne ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you very much everyone!! 🧡🧡🧡

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics