Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

xkimx007
Beginner October 2022 South Yorkshire

Wedding Dress Second Thoughts

xkimx007, 23 of January of 2022 at 23:10 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 6
Hi ladies,

I'm really doubting whether I made the right decision with my dress. I am a very thorough shopper at the best of times, I'll go into every single shop just to make sure I got the t-shirt at the best price for example and so you can imagine how I felt about finally pulling the trigger on a dress. But now I've done it I'm really worrying I made the wrong choice.
It was the 4th shop I'd been to and I probably tried on about 20 dresses in total. In each shop I kept coming back to the same style. The dress I ended up picking is more of a modern take on that. I also got emotional wearing a few of them so don't feel like I can even rely on a teary reaction lol. I'm just sat here now comparing pictures and unsure if I can trust my own judgement. Help!Wedding Dress Second Thoughts 1

6 replies

Latest activity by Louise, 29 of January of 2022 at 19:26
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I think we have all been there, and having tried on as many as you have you may have a bit of dress fatigue. It is always emotional trying on dresses, I and my mum cried a lot but I just remember the one I picked made me feel amazing, and although I have then had doubts when I had my fitting with all the accessories I was right back in that place of feeling awesome. I am sure this will pass, the dress is beautiful and you look gorgeous. Try and not doubt yourself, it is hard, but take some time out from thinking about it. If you really are not sure go back and try on again but keep an open mind and concentrate on how you feel in it and that you look amazing!

• S
    Dedicated March 2022 Hampshire
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    I agree with Charlotte, everyone has second thoughts especially when the dress needs to be purchased quite far in advance, just try your best to remember how you felt in it and I definitely recommend taking videos rather than pictures the next time you’re in it
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

There is so much pressure on brides to get 'the perfect dress' these days, and I think it's so sad. Just remind yourself that however special this dress is, at the end of the day, it is ONLY a dress, and you wear it for ONE day. It's really not worth letting yourself worry about it this much.

You don't mention which of the two dresses you picked, but they are both beautiful and I don't think you can go wrong with either. The style really suits you and your OH is guaranteed to think you look amazing.

Stop looking at other dresses, stop comparing what you have with other dresses and keep focussed on why you picked it in the first place. And remember once it's altered to fit you perfectly and you're all dressed up for your wedding, you are going to look even better in it than you do now.

• Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    The style of both those dresses is stunning and I love the off the shoulder look (that's what I chose too) which ever of those you've gone for u have made the right choice!
  • xkimx007
    Beginner October 2022 South Yorkshire
    xkimx007 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you all 😊
    It really is reassuring to know I'm not the only one that has had wobbles. Will officially stop making comparisons now and just look forward to going back closer to the time with all my finishing touches (and remember to take videos instead lol).
    And you are absolutely right, there is so much pressure which we should try not to let overshadow the excitement and build up itself.Thank you for your kind words and I hope your days go amazingly xx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Totally agree with what the others have said xx You do look amazing in. Just take some time it is a stressful thing xx💗
  • L
    Curious March 2022 Central & Glasgow
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    I bought my dress very quickly in the first shop after a teary moment. Within just a few weeks I was having second thoughts and have spent the best part of the last year having doubts, looking at photos of me wearing it and spending hours scrolling through Instagram looking at other dresses and searching for people wearing mine.

I went for my first fitting recently and the minute it was pinned to fit me, all the doubts disappeared. So annoyed I let myself worry as much.
    Trust that you made the right decision and try to stop comparing, as difficult as it is. I'm sure you'll love it when you try it again. Perhaps you can go back and try it on again?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics