K
Beginner April 2022 Monmouthshire

Wedding dress trying

Katherine, 17 November 2021 at 21:01 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 9
Saved
I’m an older bride and not sure I want to do the whole big ‘trying dresses in a boutique’ thing. I think I want to buy high street-going simple. Do you think it’s possible to buy lots of dresses online and do the trying online dresses at home? -more for my mother than me!

9 replies

Latest activity by Bex, today at 14:18
  • Stephanie
    Beginner June 2022 South West London
    Stephanie ·

Totally possible! Do what you want and what makes you happy! If you don't enjoy it or find the one, the boutiques will still be there so I think there's no losing with your plan (so long as you remember to return the rejects!)

• R
    Super July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·

I bought my dress online - it was the 4th one I tried (the first 2 were really horrible - nothing like the pictures and the 3rd one was from Monsoon and was absolutely filthy - dirt marks all over it) The only snag I found was that it took a while because I had to wait for the refund to come back for one dress before I could afford to order another. If you can afford to order several at once, it will be much easier.

• Kelly
    Curious July 2023 Lincolnshire
    Kelly ·
    Totally! ASOS sell wedding dresses. They're a bit hit and miss but you can buy now pay later with Klarna. That way you can order a few and return what you want without having to make a payment
  • Charlotte
    Expert April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·

You do what you are comfortable with. I didn't want to do the whole shop experience, but I did go to a couple just to try on styles as the ones you think will work may not, this allowed me to narrow down my choice and know what to look for when looking on line. There are a lot of high street bridal ranges, type this in google, best high street wedding dresses, and brings up loads of options. Also JJs house are good, but not sure how simple the returns process is. good luck

• M
    Expert July 2023 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    Can i just say you should not feel uncomfotable about your age and trying dresses on in bridal shops im 43 i thought that i was old but then i thought to my self its not about age its about what' we feel comfotable doing there is no rule saying you have to be young to marry and try on in bridal shops please think about trying one you might enjoy the experience x💗
  • Jess
    Savvy October 2022 Worcestershire
    Jess ·

Absolutely! So many places on the high street do wedding dresses now and all it takes it for you the order styles you like from various places and set aside a date to try them on at home with your mum and other family/friends. Sounds like you'll be able to have a lovely, leisurely day doing things this way!

I would recommend checking out Monsoon, Coast, John Lewis, Phase Eight etc.

• Teri
    Curious November 2023 Devon
    Teri ·
    I'm also not feeling the 'trying on at a boutique' thing because I don't want to spend much on my dress! I have decided to order from online and have fallen in love with a few dresses, the only issue being when I've looked into the seller a bit further the reviews are terrible or they don't offer returns 🤦🏻‍♀️ so yeah the online game is proving stressful right now! Let me know if you find any decent online retailers 🙏
  • R
    Super July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·

I got mine from Ivy & Oak in Germany - their prices have gone up a lot since last year, but they are still mostly under 400 Euros. Mine was beautiful quality and arrived really quickly, so worth looking at if you like their styles.

• B
    Beginner June 2022 Saint Helier
    Bex Online ·

I thought the same as you; I ordered a selection of 6 dresses from Monsoon and ChiChi London online. Tried them all on, felt a bit deflated, didn't love any of them so went to a boutique. One of the most fun hours I've ever had later I had my dream dress! I wouldn't rule out the boutique route if I were you Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics