Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Victoria
Curious September 2023 West Sussex

Wedding dress woes!

Victoria, 16 of May of 2022 at 15:42 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 11

Help! I no longer like my wedding dress.

Wedding dress woes! 1

I loved my dress when I originally ordered it and got all the emotional bridal stuff with it, but when I went to see and try it on I did not get the same feeling.

In fact, I didn't like it at all, I felt uncomfortable, felt I wasn't doing myself justice and just thought it really wasn't me, it wasn't even the colour I remember it being. When I brought the dress I think I felt very overwhelmed and was going on what my family and family to be wanted and now I am so unsure.

I am quite unique and really feel that this dress is not doing it for me at all.

What can I do?

I have already e-mailed the bridal shop and asked what I can do and I am waiting for a reply.

I understand that I will probably have to buy another and try and sell my current one, but what does everything think, or have you been in this situation?

Wedding dress woes! 2

11 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 17 of May of 2022 at 09:30
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Oh victoria im sorry your feeling like this what did ypu think when you first tried it on xx💗
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

When I first put the dress on before buying it I was in love, I cried and everything (very unusual for me, normally a tomboy).

Now this time I felt nothing, just that it was;t right at all and that I wasn't being me.

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It is a lovely dress but if you dont feel it then i think you know the answer xx Is there anyway that you could change the style of it instead of getting a new one xx💗
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm waiting to see what the bridal shop says and then I can go from there.

I am hoping, but I am really not sure.

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Its such i hard desicion to make is the veil what you will be wearing xx💗 i hope they cam sort it out for you x
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, I will still be wearing the veil as it was specially made to go with our Japanese inspired, cat-themed wedding. It is stunning and looks really good and it will go with any dress.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It is beautiful on you, but I know that's not much comfort if you feel bad.

It does need some fitting done around the bodice - do you think once it was fitted properly and maybe dressed up a bit - perhaps a sparkly belt? you might feel more 'you' in it?

Or maybe if you like touches of pink (judging by your veil!) you could have some pink added to the dress.

It might be worth asking a seamstress for ideas on customisation since that might be cheaper than buying a whole new dress!

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Is there anyway you could get more lace lile your veil and adk them to put it under the 1st bit of the dress so you can see it but it could change the dress xx not sure if this is possible for you xx 💗
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi,

The dress is having an additional layer added that is of sparkles (very delicate).

I'm still not sure once the bodice is fitted properly that I will feel differently.

The dress believe it or not has a pink underskirt already, but it was much darker on the sample dress than it is on my actual dress.

Our colour scheme is teal, purple and blue, but the veil is of cherry blossoms, with teal steams and purple/pink flowers.

I was thinking of adding another layer to the veil, maybe coloured in one from our colour scheme, but I want to get the dress right first.

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I hope for ypu that they can help you solve this problem if you could get a train for it like your veil would that work for you at all or had colour to top of also x💗
  • Melissab
    Dedicated June 2022 Surrey
    Melissab ·
    • Hide content
    I recognise that bridal shop! It’s where I got my dress! Give Sally a call, they are so lovely and helpful in there I’m sure that they will have lots of ideas. Perhaps ask for a meeting with Anna, the seamstress, to discuss what she can do with the dress. Do you actually have time to get another dress ordered in if you really feel that this isn’t the one? Find some pictures of dresses you like that aren’t a million miles away from yours and show them to Anna. She might be able to adapt yours. X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics