Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amber
Beginner October 2023 South Yorkshire

Wedding favours?

Amber, 3 of March of 2023 at 20:55 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hello! we need ideas for unique and fun wedding favours for our guests! Any ideas??

10 replies

Latest activity by B2B2023, 15 of March of 2023 at 10:00
  • S
    Rockstar April 2023 West London
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

Maybe think of something that relates to your time of year? We’re getting married the week before Easter so have bought a few kilos of mini eggs and organza bags to make cute little Easter wedding favours.

I see you’re getting married in October - mini pumpkins?!

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    What about some Halloween type biscuits or scary jelly sweets ♥️
  • Ashleigh
    Beginner August 2023 Somerset
    Ashleigh ·
    • Hide content

Hello

i'm getting married abroad, i chose fridge magnets with the individual names and country and date on it like a souvenir.

i got all mine (30 guests) all personalised for under £50. (etsy)

so maybe something as a keep sake and personalised? i feel like they will less likely be left behind if they are personal to each guest

• K
    Savvy November 2024 West Midlands
    Katey_84 ·
    • Hide content
    For the adults we are going to do mini samples
    of our homemade gin...
  • Miranda
    Savvy September 2023 East Sussex
    Miranda ·
    • Hide content
    We are making our own alcohol and have little bottles with ‘we’ve tied the knot so take a shot’ xx
  • Belle
    Beginner September 2024 Nottinghamshire
    Belle ·
    • Hide content
    We’re in love with these little seed sachets from the Macmillan charity:
    https://shop.macmillan.org.uk/products/wildflower-seed-favours-pack-of-10

• Laurie
    Savvy May 2024 Lothian & Borders
    Laurie ·
    • Hide content

We are planning to do a donation to a charity and have charity supply some sweetie bags or pin badges. My friend who used to be an events planner advised us that lots of people don't even bother taking their wedding favours home, so we would rather the money went to a cause that is really important to us and create a little awareness for it.

• L
    Curious September 2023 Lincolnshire
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    What Laurie said. I think unless you think of something creative don't feel like you have to have a favour. A lot of them get left. Even things that seem like a nice idea. I've seen tiny jars of home made jam abandoned (what man wants a glass jar of jam in his pocket all evening?) and someones aunt crocheted egg warmers.. For over 200 guests! Its cute but we all know where they'll end up.. We'll be giving out drinks tokens so an extra one of those would be more appreciated than some pick n mix. Charity donations are a nice idea too though if theres one relevant to you
  • B2B2023
    Curious April 2023 East Central London
    B2B2023 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This sounds AMAZING! Who doesn't love Easter eggs. Our wedding is end of April so unfortunately we won't be able to do the same.

• B2B2023
    Curious April 2023 East Central London
    B2B2023 ·
    • Hide content

Slightly controversial but (other than edible or drinkable favours) I think favours are a waste as sadly guests don't seem to care. One wedding I went to the bride's mum made some beautiful Christmas ornaments but they were all left on the table at the end :-( save your money (and the planet).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics